2005 Lexus RX 330 cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Lexus RX 330:

2005 Lexus RX 330 Owner Comments

Dec 082006

RX 330

I purchased a used 2005 rx 330 3 weeks ago (I also purchased what I was told was an extended road hazard coverage). I decided to take my daughter and granddaughter to disney world (a 200 mile trip this weekend. Just as we arrived in orlando my daughter said that she heard a pop (it was not loud as I did not even notice it)and we noticed steam coming from the engine. The SUV was towed into Lexus of orlando and although on vacation I was left without a car and still have none. To make matters worse, I was called by Lexus of orlando and told that I would have to pay $1000 to have my car repaired because allegedly the issue is damage to the A/C compressor caused by a 'road hazard'. the 'road hazard' was a piece of reflector used to separate the lanes. Lexus has refused ot repair under warranty even though I was sold a 3 month, 3,000 mile everything warranty (in addition to the Lexus certified warranty) and the everything warranty has no exclusions was to cover any damage. I spoke to a mechanic who told me that for a road reflector to cause this type of damage, there must be a design flaw in the protections afforded by the grill or otherwise to the A/C radiator area. In researching this issue I noted that others have file identical complaints, including on this site.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA