2006 Lexus RX 330 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Lexus RX 330:

2006 Lexus RX 330 Owner Comments

Nov 272016

RX 330

The brakes make a strange chirp-type noise when I apply pressure, usually it happens when I am stopped and my foot on the brake. Holding my foot steady on the brake and it happens randomly and often. I had my brakes checked and the pads and rotors are fine; they told me it was the actuator and was a known Lexus problem. This has been happening for several months and I have never gotten a notice from Lexus stating it is a problem.

- Fuquay Varina, NC, USA

Jul 212012

RX 330

At approximately 4 in afternoon, I had come to a complete stop in front of my townhouse. My foot was still on the brake from stopping (I was just about to put it in park and take out key and unfastened seat belt) when it lurched forward and started to accelerate. I tried to steer and pump the brakes but nothing worked. It was totally out of my control. The car lunged forward going over the side walk and into my front porch, directly hitting my wrought iron bannister. The distance from the parking place to the bannister is about 10 feet. The car acceleration stopped on impact. I immediately called my insurance co and I called the police and filled out a police report. I live across from our community swimming pool. Children are constantly walking on sidewalk in front of my house on way to pool. Neighbors walk by my house to walk their dogs as well. Someone could have easily been injured or killed. I have not driven the car since the event. Lexus usa and the dealership will not address the problem with me. I bought the car..used..only 6 months ago. My car was damaged in the front, and my wrought iron bannister was destroyed. My main concern is the fact that the car displayed unintended acceleration and is not safe for anyone to drive.

- Atlanta, GA, USA