2006 Lexus RX 330 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Lexus RX 330:

2006 Lexus RX 330 Owner Comments

Feb 132016

RX 330

When depressing the remote or manually opening the rear lift gate sometimes the rear lift gate (door) will start to close automatically and it can only be stopped by pressing the remote or button on lift gate or applying large amount of pressure to hold door open. Twice a person has been in the line of fire and had to jump out of way when placing an item in the rear of the car. On another time the lift gate hit a person in the head when they did not get out of the way fast enough. The Lexus dealer has checked the auto closure system and replaced battery in remote and find nothing wrong. The problem still continues once in a while. This is very dangerous and a person could get pinned in the lift gate.

- Forest, VA, USA

Jan 262012

RX 330

Dashboard is cracking and falling off.

- Madison, MS, USA

Oct 012015

RX 330

Transmission has a hard time selecting a gear between 2nd and 3rd. It starts to go into 3rd gear then jumps out for a second and then slams back into 3rd. Usually when lightly accelerating. Very noticeable. I have taken it into the dealer 4 times and was told I may just need a new transmission!! it only has 108,000 miles on it. I have never heard of this problem with a Lexus! that and the rear differential was diagnosed as bad as well! it's like the entire drive train is garbage!! very very disappointed with Lexus and I hope they will make this right with me. I don't want to be on a trip with my family and it break down on us when I payed for reliability.

- Alpine, UT, USA

Jul 312014

RX 330

The dashboard on my lexux RX330 2006 began to crack and melt. Some pieces have fallen off and other areas have now begun to separate and split. A local news report here in birmingham Alabama reported that this is very common with certain years and models by Toyota and Lexus. There are several class action lawsuits related to this issue. The news also reported that Lexus has issued a 10 year extended warranty on certain models and I believe mine is included. I have searched online for an official recall but none can be found. The company may differentiate between recalls and"extended warranties". I will research this further and keep you apprised if I am denied coverage under the so called extended warranty.

- Birmingham, AL, USA