2007 Lexus RX 350 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Lexus RX 350:

2007 Lexus RX 350 Owner Comments

Apr 172014

RX 350

Dash on rx 350 is cracking significantly. This cracking is so extreme that my wife was tempted to place a cover over the dash that would interfere with proper inflation of the airbag. I am concerned that other owners will place covers, tape, adhesives, or other measures over the bags and this could lead to an injury.

- St George, UT, USA

Oct 042016

RX 350

Takata recall. I just purchased a certified used 2007 Lexus RX350 and the airbag inflator SRS light is illuminated in the dashboard at 102K miles even when a passenger is is seated in the passenger seat. I don't see this model reflected in the recall list but believe it should be researched immediately for safety issues. I had a Honda with the same issue that was included under recall.

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA

Jun 152016

RX 350

Airbag light in the dashboard blinking. At first, restarting the car will take care of the issue but recently, it just blinks continuously. I bought the car at carmax and car has 90K miles in it, it's a little over 30 days after I purchased at carmax when the airbag light started blinking. For no reason. I was not in any accident. If the light turned on within the 30 day period of purchase, I might have reported to carmax and they will fix it for free (within 30 days of buying the car). I went online and similar happens with other Lexus 350 cars. Maybe need a recall?

- Batavia, IL, USA

Mar 012016

RX 350

The car start flashing driver air bag lights, I took mechanik it's giving some codes. When we contact the dealer to see what's going on they sayt that manufacture is extendet warranty to 72 monts or 72000 miles, because of defective parts, but my car star having problem when I have 87000 miles. I don't understand if the part defective why not put a recall? its not safe to drive when I know the air bag is not functioning correctly, please follow on this complain

- Glendale, CA, USA

Mar 012016

RX 350

The driver airbag light is flashing. Take to mechanik reset it is not going away. Its not safe to drive when airbag is not functioning normally

- Glendale, CA, USA

Oct 282015

RX 350

My car is used to drop off and pick up children from school and grocery shopping, and it has never been in an accident; however, one day I had just got in the car and started it up (my adult son was in passenger seat) and the air bag light came on my dash and the passenger air bag light shows it is not on. My son weighs almost 200 pounds. We even had him get out of the car and sit back down again, thinking the seat didn't register for some reason, but nothing changed. This is a serious safety issue, as if ever involved in a crash, the airbag will not deploy to protect any passenger sitting in the front seat. Also, the dash of my car is cracking and huge spider web cracks have now begun to take over the dash on both passenger and driver side. I keep it garage most of the time so have no idea why this has started happening either. Can send photos if they are needed, just let me know.

- Rockwall, TX, USA

Oct 202015

RX 350

My car has been mostly stationary and kept in my garage for 3 years. This year I experienced the dashboard and ignition area melting and cracking. I feel it may affect the functionality of the airbag. Also, I do not know if there may be some sort of chemical release that is not healthy to me or my passengers. Visibility is also a problem since there is a severe glare from the dash on to my windshield.

- Montgomery, TX, USA

Apr 242015

RX 350

The SRS airbag light continues to flash on and off indicating a malfunction in the system. The vehicle was not in any collision to trigger deployment. But the malfunction indicates a problem on the front driver side and or passenger side airbag.

- White Plains, NY, USA

Jan 012015

RX 350

I have noticed for sometime while driving with my wife.the airbag light on the panel for the passenger side does not come on. Sometimes it comes on after we have been driving for a while.I figure the airbag will not work if we were in an accident.I have no idea how many cars could be effected with this issue.

- Marietta, GA, USA

Jul 262013

RX 350 6-cyl

The covering on my passenger air bag is flaking off and dashboard cracking causing concern of premature deployment.

- Windermere, FL, USA

May 012012

RX 350

The airbag light started flashing. I had it looked at by the Lexus dealership. I needed to replace the whole airbag in the driver's seat, and my car had never been in an accident. They said it wasn't safe to drive and the airbag would not deploy if I were in an accident the way it was when I brought it in.

- Savage, MN, USA

Jul 012007

RX 350 6-cyl

2007 rx 350. Consumer states problems with installation of running boards on vehicle the dealer was unable to produce the running boards after eight months of the consumer making calls to them. In July 2007, the consumer began experiencing problems with the hazard lights and sensors. On several instances, the tire light would illuminate. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and they found a nail in one of the tires which caused the hazard sensor to activate. In October 2007, the rear passenger window would not roll up at times. Additionally, the tire hazard sensor also continued to exhibit problems. The dealer was unable to replicate the window malfunction and the tire sensor was reset. In late December 2007, the consumer began experiencing problems with the air bags and sensors. The dealer reset the air bag sensor. Shortly thereafter, the consumer continued to experience the same air bag malfunction. Upon inspection of the vehicle, it was determined that the entire air bag system had shut down and was inoperable. Over the course of the next seven months, she continued to experience issues with the tire hazard sensors and was frequently unable to use the automatic seat adjust feature on the driver's side. Passengers also complained that they could not adjust the seat and that the seat belt felt tight and would not extend outward. The dealer sated the seat belt was caught in the passenger seat track, which caused the malfunction of the passenger seat and seat belt. Several months later, the consumer complained of steering problems, but the dealer was unable to find a problem. The consumer stated she continued to have problems with air bag light. In July 2009, the consumer began experiencing problems with the remote lock and door locks. Currently, the passenger door only locks manually. The problems with the passenger seat and seat belt was never corrected. In addition, the rear of the truck was making a rattling noise.

- Valley Stream, NY, USA

May 192009

RX 350 4WD 6-cyl

2007 Lexus RX350. Ltr regarding a defect he has in his car that he believes came from the factory; he believes the car is not safe to drive. The consumer stated the vehicle pulled to the right while driving, there were large gaps at the right side body seams, front fender headlight and right side door area. The left hinge on the hood was off. The air bag light illuminated

- Renton, WA, USA

Nov 152007

RX 350 6-cyl

After taking my wife to work on a rainy day in her 2007 Lexus RX350, I stopped in our driveway, which is on an incline, to work on the windshield wipers to try to set them to the "automatic" mode.  suddenly, the car lurched forward and went through the open garage door, through the garage, through the back wall of the garage, and finally came to a stop close to the back wall of the family room.  I tried to stop the car with the brakes, but I could not.  I tried three times unsuccessfully.  the air bags did not deploy.  luckily, I was not hurt, but the back wall of the garage and items along the back wall were demolished as well as items in the family room.

- Trenton, NJ, USA

Sep 012006

RX 350 6-cyl

: the contact stated while driving various speeds, the airbag light illuminated without warning. The vehicle was inspected by a dealer who was unable to determine the cause of the airbag illumination. The manufacturer was alerted.

- Tustin, CA, USA