2008 Lexus RX 350 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Lexus RX 350:

2008 Lexus RX 350 Owner Comments

Jan 012016

RX 350

The dashboard is cracking and getting sticky. While reading about some of the Lexus complaints I saw several complaining about the liftgate control on the back of the car melting. I checked and sure enough so is mine. I went to use it and my fingers went right through. Now it is totally useless. I will call Lexus but don't expect any assistance. My car is always garaged and only has about 15K miles.

- Hudson, FL, USA

Jan 012016

RX 350

Hatch handle for rear door melted. Rear interior module buckling.

- Scottsdale, AZ, USA

Sep 212015

RX 350

Rubber on tailgate handle melted. I believe this is due to an electrical problem. I went online and found many other similar complaints. This may be a fire hazard. Now the tailgate goes up, and then automatically comes right down. The first time it happened the heavy tailgate hit me on the top of my head causing a great deal of pain and some bleeding. I have read that the same thing has happened to others. This is very dangerous. It does not always happen. It tends to happen when the weather is cooler out.

- Palm Harbor, FL, USA

Aug 262015

RX 350

I was driving on a road, my vehicle began to shake until eventually dropping to the road and dragging until I could gain control of it, by applying the brakes. I noticed out of my driver's side window across the road was my tire rolling at a rapid speed. I called 911 to receive assistance to stop the traffic and to help with my disabled vehicle. Officers assisted with helping myself, my mother and my two toddlers out of the vehicle and to retrieve my tire. The tire had fallen off of my vehicle, at the rim, leaving the bolts and the middle portion of the rim still attached to the vehicle, while the remaining majority of the rim was still attached to my tire rolling down the road. The vehicle was in proper working condition prior to this incident. I did not hit a pothole nor was I in an accident. My vehicle was towed to my residence, the following day after contacting Lexus and advising them of the incident, I was instructed by Lexus to have the vehicle towed to their property for an inspection. After the vehicle arrived to their property, they contacted me and stated that the the incident was not a manufacturers defect, that had it been a manufactures defect it would have happened within the first year the vehicle was manufactured. Lexus then informed myself that I needed to make a claim with my insurance company for damages that have been incurred. Prior to this incident this vehicle was in perfect working order. All previous services were performed by auto lenders and the most recent was June 23, 2015, when a routine oil and filter change occurred, as well as, the brake pads and rotors being replaced. The safety of ourselves and our children are a great concern going forward in this vehicle and we do not feel that the manufacturer is in fact concerned with our safety and well being and if this is an issue with other Lexus vehicles, it is a safety concern for all.

- Toms River, NJ, USA

Aug 092015

RX 350

The rear boot opener is melted and dripping onto the bumper

- Cornelius, NC, USA

Jun 122014

RX 350 6-cyl

Trunk hatch handle has melted completely, leaving black rubbery goo. Unable to open the back trunk due this issue.

- Aliso Viejo, CA, USA

Feb 192014

RX 350 6-cyl

The trunk hatch handle has melted, leaving black rubbery goo on fingers if opening using the handle. Residue is hard to wash off. Concerned that it melted due to electrical problem. I've read all complaints and have found numerous other owners experienced the same problem.

- Redondo Beach, CA, USA

Jan 062014

RX 350

My dash board cracked and this is a manufacter's issue. There are thousands w/ the same issue & Lexus does not want to be responsible. It cracks every where & melts because of the heat. Our cars are worth nothing w/ this issue. There are cracks where the air bag resides & this is a safety issue. Please help us!!!

- Miami, FL, USA