2008 Lexus RX 350 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Lexus RX 350:

2008 Lexus RX 350 Owner Comments

Aug 262015

RX 350

The contact owns a 2008 Lexus RX350. The contact stated while driving 45 mph, the tire warning light illuminated. The contact stated that when braking, the vehicle veered to the right making it difficult to maneuver the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the failure was unable to be determined. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 130,000.

- Cedar Hill, TX, USA

Aug 262015

RX 350

I was driving on a road, my vehicle began to shake until eventually dropping to the road and dragging until I could gain control of it, by applying the brakes. I noticed out of my driver's side window across the road was my tire rolling at a rapid speed. I called 911 to receive assistance to stop the traffic and to help with my disabled vehicle. Officers assisted with helping myself, my mother and my two toddlers out of the vehicle and to retrieve my tire. The tire had fallen off of my vehicle, at the rim, leaving the bolts and the middle portion of the rim still attached to the vehicle, while the remaining majority of the rim was still attached to my tire rolling down the road. The vehicle was in proper working condition prior to this incident. I did not hit a pothole nor was I in an accident. My vehicle was towed to my residence, the following day after contacting Lexus and advising them of the incident, I was instructed by Lexus to have the vehicle towed to their property for an inspection. After the vehicle arrived to their property, they contacted me and stated that the the incident was not a manufacturers defect, that had it been a manufactures defect it would have happened within the first year the vehicle was manufactured. Lexus then informed myself that I needed to make a claim with my insurance company for damages that have been incurred. Prior to this incident this vehicle was in perfect working order. All previous services were performed by auto lenders and the most recent was June 23, 2015, when a routine oil and filter change occurred, as well as, the brake pads and rotors being replaced. The safety of ourselves and our children are a great concern going forward in this vehicle and we do not feel that the manufacturer is in fact concerned with our safety and well being and if this is an issue with other Lexus vehicles, it is a safety concern for all.

- Toms River, NJ, USA

Oct 182013

RX 350 6-cyl

Upon entering a parking lot and turning slowly into a vacant spot the car accelerated really fast and wouldn't stop when brake pressed as the speed came to halt when crashing very hard into a brick wall. Both air bags on driver side deployed and were smoking really bad. The impact to my knees and face caused temporary numbness for which I couldn't feel my legs or move. The police & paramedics were called. The entire front end do my car was damaged. Recently purchased used in May 2013. It has been towed to repair shop for inspection upcoming Monday. I suspect it will be totaled and judging by the numerous complaints similar in nature, this probably should have been addressed and recalled prior to being sold.

- Matteson, IL, USA