7.4

2009 Lexus RX 350 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Lexus RX 350:

2009 Lexus RX 350 Owner Comments

Nov 012009

RX 350

When the SUV shifts from 1st to 2rd gear the engine revs up about 1000 rpms and hesitates 2-5 seconds before the shift takes place. I can't rely on power when needed because of this. It's not constant, about 30% of the time it occurs. The same thing happens when down shifting. The dealer, kendall Lexus of eugene Oregon (rick strong-service manager) is aware of the problem and says "Toyota won't put out a new chip to fix the problem". rick strong also said" I told the salesman he should inform potential buyers about this problem before they purchase a vehicle". this problem is ongoing since I bought the vehicle.

- Medford, OR, USA

Dec 142010

RX 350

I was driving my 2009 Lexus rx 350 down a major surface street when my power brakes and steering went out. I attempted to drive again after moving to a side street, and my steering and brakes went out 2 more times, I then had my vehicle towed to my Lexus dealer. They could not identify the reason for the problem.

- Dearborn, MI, USA

Apr 012008

RX 350

Several times a week the engine idles fast on start up and lasts for about five minutes. It does not seem to be related to the weather and there seems to be no identifying factor with which it can be associated.

- Irving, TX, USA