2009 Lexus RX 350 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Lexus RX 350:

2009 Lexus RX 350 Owner Comments

Jun 062014

RX 350 6-cyl

I own a Lexus SUV, my third Lexus/Toyota brand vehicle. So I trusted the safety and reliability. One day everything is fine. The next day, I see a small crack in the lower part of the dashboard of the passenger seat. Literally, one day fine and the next cracked and without a single incident that caused it. In just a matter of weeks, my entire left dashboard is cracking and chipping and it continues to spread and deteriorate day by day. I am shocked and alarmed! I do not trust that this dashboard is safe as I am greatly concerned that the air bag (s) will be compromised. I am also concerned that it could components integral to the operation of the vehicle. This is well-known issue with Toyota and Lexus (affecting tens of thousands of vehicles) yet little to no action has been taken and I respectfully request a recall. It has been covered extensively in news stories, on the web and by dealerships concerned about customer satisfaction and safety. There are also known to be internal documents by Toyota that acknowledges the problem. I contacted Lexus corporate and it sent me to a local Lexus dealer to document the issue and this went back to Lexus corporate. This languished for many weeks without follow up and then my claim was unceremoniously denied and without explanation. I am greatly concerned. Thank you for your time and attention.

- Delray Beach, FL, USA

Mar 012014

RX 350 6-cyl

Recall there has been a series of complaints regarding the dashboard of Lexus getting sticky and cracking further and further as time goes by. I am now also included in this list of unsatisfied and concerned owner. My 2009 Lexus RX350 has noticeable stickiness in the dashboard and cracking in certain locations all over the dashboard. What is alarming is that the cracks are beginning to be more noticeable around or on the airbag location on the dashboard. I am alarmed and concerned because of how the cracks is spreading it may cause the airbag to deploy accidentally. The dealer offered to supply the necessary parts but wants me to pay up to $1000 in labor. The to me is very insulting because this is known as an issue and it is a manufacturer fault not owner. Please advice. Thank you on advance.

- Miami, FL, USA

May 092014

RX 350

The contact owns a 2009 Lexus Rx. The contact stated that while driving approximately 40 mph, she unexpectedly swerved off the road and crashed into a guard rail. The driver's side air bag that was mounted inside of the steering wheel failed to deploy. The contact sustained bruises to the chest and neck area. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to a salvage facility. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 67,000.

- Springfield, VA, USA