Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Kiplinger's named it one of the greatest cars of the 21st century, we wouldn't go that far but for the price it's a nice ride.

Just make sure to keep an eye on these acceleration problems reported to NHTSA.

2011 Lexus RX 350 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Lexus RX 350:

2011 Lexus RX 350 Owner Comments

Jun 152016

RX 350

My airbag did not deploy during a accident my car was total and I push down on my brakes it hit the back of a truck my injury were really bad I felt that my brakes and airbag

- Spring Lake, NC, USA

May 162014

RX 350 6-cyl

I was driving South on Georgia 400 merging onto 85 South when I saw cars stopped in front of me. I immediately applied me brakes - to no avail. My car kept going. I ran into the back of the car in front of me creating a four car wreck. I later learned from a market valuation report that: Service brakes, hydraulic Toyota is recalling certain model year 2011 Lexus RX350 passenger cars manufactured from August 30, 2010, through May 18, 2011, and equipped with vehicle dynamics integrated management (vdim). The calibration for the hydraulic control valves is incorrect. Due to this condition, there is a possibility that the right front wheel may not be controlled properly during ABS (antilock brake system) or vsc (vehicle stability control) actuation. This could result in increased stopping distances and/or a failure to adequately correct a vehicle slide, which could increase the risk of a vehicle crash. Dealers will replace the brake actuator with a new one, free of charge. The safety recall is expected to begin during August 2011. Owners may contact Toyota at 1-800-331-4331. Owners may contact Toyota at 1-800-331-4331. I was unaware of the recall, I never received notification. I took my car in for every scheduled maintenance. To the best of my knowledge, at this time, I was the only person injured in the crash. It appears that the problem was not corrected in my car; thus, I am filing a complaint.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Jun 172014

RX 350

The contact owns a 2011 Lexus RX350. The contact stated that while driving approximately 5 mph, the brakes seized upon engaging causing the vehicle to crash into a brick wall. The contact sustained no injuries. A police report was filed. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 32,500. The VIN was unavailable.

- Crowns Point , IN, USA

Aug 242012

RX 350

The contact owns a 2011 Lexus RX350. The contact stated that while entering a parking spot, the brakes failed. As a result, the contact crashed into another vehicle. The vehicle was not destroyed and the contact sustained minor injuries. The vehicle was towed to a collision center where the cause of the failure was unable to be determined. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was 18,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Stillwater, OK, USA

Aug 112012

RX 350 6-cyl

Turned into parking space. Car began accelerating on its own. I applied the brakes continuously, threw the car into park to no avail. The car jolted forward, crashing into the storefront, breaking glass windows. The (approx) 2 feet of block wall stopped the car. The vehicle was not in my control in spite of all effort to bring the car to a stop. Had someone been walking on the sidewalk in front of the store (salon), I would have been powerless to keep from injuring or killing them. This was not driver error. I was fully "in the moment, " and aware of what was happening.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Jun 282012

RX 350 6-cyl

Brakes felt spongy first day, worse second day. Third day, while stopped at a traffic light, brake pedal went to the floor. Pumped pedal to stop rolling, shifted into neutral. Drove directly to dealer, less than 1/2 mile. Diagnosis is failure of master cylinder.

- Rolling Hills Estates, CA, USA