2013 Lexus RX 350 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Lexus RX 350:

2013 Lexus RX 350 Owner Comments

Aug 182016

RX 350

On the garage driveway, suddenly my car accelerated in the reverse gear and could not be stopped even after pressing the brake. The car completely went out of control in the reverse and crashed into my backyard fence, plowed through it and finally came to a stop after hitting my raised patio!

- Plano, TX, USA

Dec 282015

RX 350

I had braked to a stop on a city street in bumper-to-bumper traffic that was stopped for a red light. Suddenly and unexpectedly, my car accelerated forward though my foot was still on the brake. It made a noise like the engine was accelerating. My car lurched forward and struck the car in front. As he moved forward, my car again struck it. I had to put my car in parking gear to get it to stop moving. I had my car towed to the Lexus dealer. They checked and said they could find nothing wrong and they couldn't replicate the problem. I asked them to check the event data recorder that I had read about online. They said the car had no such thing. Nobody should drive this car - somebody could get hurt badly if that unintended acceleration happens again. I lease this car and will terminate the lease. I hope whoever thinks of buying this car will see this report and stay away from it. It is unsafe.

- Lexington, MA, USA

Jan 262015

RX 350 6-cyl

Applied brakes to slow vehicle coming to a stop sign, the car would not stop and the brake pedal felt like the traction control engaged, the brake resisted and made a grinding noise, the car finally stopped, there were no light indicators on the dash. I continued for about 1/4 mile with 2 more stop signs with no incident, on the 3rd stop ( at my destination) the car again would not come to a complete stop for about 30 feet, no dash light indicators, the brake resisted again. I have not driven the car since.

- Mantua, NJ, USA

Sep 232014

RX 350 6-cyl

The car was parked on a flat surface on the top of a driveway that goes downhill. The car was turned on and when the parking brake was released, the car immediately shot down the hill like a bullet at a high rate of speed. The brakes did not stop or slow down the car. We went through 3 fences before the car was finally stopped by the third fence. The car had 4 passengers in it. The passengers on the right passenger side, both front and rear, sustained the most injuries. None of the 10 airbags deployed.

- Arroyo Grande, CA, USA

May 052014

RX 350

The entire body of the car shook when I stepped on the brake. I have been noticing it before and it was more subtle but this time it was not. I've also noticed that sometimes I was not sure if the brakes would stop the car in time. After that trip I found out about the recall so I brought the vehicle to be serviced and mentioned my experience. They upgraded the software for the safety recall and test drove my vehicle for the complaint and found out a manufacturing issue with the rotor of the brakes.

- Cambridge, MA, USA

Feb 152013

RX 350

Was driving in snow 10 mph when antilock brakes quit working. Lexus said it was the braker actuator assembly. ## VIN failed ##

- Blue Springs, MO, USA