2010 Lexus RX 450h engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Lexus RX 450h:

2010 Lexus RX 450h Owner Comments

Oct 072012

RX 450h

The contact owns a 2010 Lexus RX450 hybrid. The contact stated that the vehicle was taken to the dealer for repairs under NHTSA campaign id number: 12V305000 (vehicle speed control: Accelerator pedal). The contact stated that the vehicle did not exhibit any acceleration failures prior to the recall repair. The contact stated that after the repair while parking, the vehicle suddenly accelerated without warning. The contact had to place the vehicle into neutral in order to stop the acceleration failure. The vehicle was taken to the dealer but had not been inspected. The VIN was not available. The failure and the current mileages were 33,000.

- Longmeadow, MA, USA

Dec 102011

RX 450h 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Lexus RX450 hybrid. Ar approximately 6:10am on Saturday Dec. 10th, in clear weather, while operating her vehicle, she entered a parking area and backed into a yellow barrier post at approximately 10 mph. The contact engaged the vehicle in drive, but the vehicle again reversed. The vehicle then moved forward, approaching the street. The contact depressed the brake pedal, but it went to the floor with no response. The vehicle continued in a forward motion with apparent acceleration. The contact turned the vehicle left, depressing the brake pedal several times again, but the vehicle continued forward with further acceleration. Approaching a stop sign approx. 30 yards from the parking area and not being able to halt or slow the vehicle, the contact proceeded through it, turning right, onto a service road. The contact continued to depress the brake and attempted to move the shift lever to another gear, but neither responded. The contact continued to experience a sense of acceleration. At a point approx. 140 yards from the stop sign, the contact opened the driver's side door and jumped out of the vehicle as it moved forward at approx. 25-30 mph. The contact's right elbow, wrist and left arm hit the ground. As the contact attempted to flag down passing motorist, the vehicle ran up against the curb and finally ground to a halt against the granite curb. Approx. 60 yards from the contact's exit point. The vehicle was still engaged in drive when the contact approached the vehicle. Updated 01/06/12

- Concord, MA, USA

May 072011

RX 450h

The contact owns a 2010 Lexus Rx 450H. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to accelerate over 70 mph while driving up an extremely steep incline. An authorized dealer was notified and they informed the contact that the vehicle response was normal. The manufacturer was not made aware of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 7,000.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jul 012011

RX 450h

2010 Lexus rx450H. Consumer states problem with braking system the consumer noticed after driving the vehicle for a few months, that it sometimes surged forward a few feet while braking or when letting off the brake. The dealer informed the consumer the braking system was typical of a hybrid vehicle. The consumer stated a couple of weeks later, the vehicle surged forward again as she was braking.

- Hingham, MA, USA

Feb 102011

RX 450h

Service brakes, March 13, 2011 - mansfield MA I purchased my 2010 Lexus Rx 450H in December 2010. Ever since I bought it, I have noticed that from time to time, when I press the brake pedal, the car seems to surge forward(!) momentarily before it slows down. This happens most frequently. It will happen even if I am only coasting and not touching the gas pedal when pressing the brake initially. It happens to me at least once or twice a week. It is somewhat disturbing. I have mentioned this to my Lexus dealer, but they have dismissed my concerns both times I brought it up. Has anyone else noticed this issue? view details

- Mansfield, MA, USA

Aug 032010

RX 450h

The contact owns a 2010 Lexus RX450 hybrid. The contact was driving at unknown speeds in a parking lot when the vehicle abnormally accelerated. The brakes would not engage despite her repeated attempts to stop the vehicle. The vehicle proceeded to accelerate and the front passenger tire exploded. The vehicle was towed to an authorized dealer where the contact was awaiting a diagnosis of the failure. The manufacturer would not provide any assistance. The current and failure mileages were approximately 16,000.

- Monrovia, CA, USA

Jul 282009

RX 450h

I purchased my 2010 Lexus Rx 450H in July of 2009. Ever since I bought it, I have noticed that from time to time, when I press the brake pedal, the car seems to surge forward(!) momentarily before it slows down. This happens most frequently when driving over bumpy roads. And it will happen even if I am only coasting and not touching the gas pedal when pressing the brake initially. It happens to me at least once or twice a week. It is somewhat disturbing. I have mentioned this to my Lexus dealer, but they have dismissed my concerns both times I brought it up. I noticed this even before I had heard of the Toyota recall on hybrid prius brakes, but from what I read, the issue sounds similar to the prius hybrid 2010 problems. But there is so far no recall on Lexus 2010 hybrid brakes. Has anyone else noticed this issue?

- Pasadena, CA, USA

Feb 122010

RX 450h

I was driving a 2010 Lexus rx450H on a highway at @60 mph when it accelerated on its own to @80 mph within a few seconds. It responded to the brake and I exited the highway. I had the vehicle previously checked by the dealer, rallye Lexus in glen cove NY, and they said they were no problems. The dealer and factory rep. Checked the vehicle after the incident and they again said there were no problems with the car. However, the event did occur and now I will not drive the vehicle. Fortunately there was no accident as a result of the malfunction.

- Sands Point, NY, USA

Nov 282009

RX 450h 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Lexus rx450H. The contact was driving approximately 25 mph over a bumpy road surface. There was pressure applied to the brake pedal in which there was a delay power response. The driver was able to continue in operation. The failure occurred whenever encountering a bumpy road surface. In addition, during acceleration the vehicle became uncontrollable which occurred intermittent. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer for inspection. The technician was unable to detect a problem. The vehicle has not been repaired for the malfunction. The failure mileage was 900. Updated 03/15/10 updated 10/05/10

- East Norristown, PA, USA