8.0

2003 Lincoln Aviator accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Lincoln Aviator:

2003 Lincoln Aviator Owner Comments

Nov 132014

Aviator V8

click to see larger images

won't shift out of park

Unable to shift vehicle out of park. Being a handy man, I removed the covers on my center console, located the white plastic end of the clip attached to the solenoid, pulled it upward to release the gear shift. Once able to remove, I used a stretchable hair tie on the opposite side to secure the latch in the open position. Now I am able to start my Aviator and it shifts fine with no side effects of this bypass. However, now your vehicle can be shifted without the key being on or brake being pushed. Like I stated, temporary fix....

- , Philadelphia, MS, USA