1.5

2003 Lincoln Aviator drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Lincoln Aviator:

2003 Lincoln Aviator Owner Comments

Jun 122012

Aviator

My Aviator was shifting rough for less than 24 hours when the transfer case went out. Luckily, I had only pulled out of my driveway when it happened. The vehicle made an awful whinning and screeching noise and became impossible to drive forward. I was able to wrestle it into reverse to get it in my driveway. I live on a busy country road, this could have been dangerous for me and my 3 kids. I had it towed to the dealer and they quoted me near $1000 with no promise that the problem could be fixed. Additionally, I called a week after I put it in the shop and there is a national backorder for the part that may or may not fix my car. I will be without a car for over a month, $1000 in repairs, and that is if this will fix the transfer case. If I opt to do a whole new case, I am looking at $3000. Not happy will not buy Lincoln again.

- Cedar Grove, IN, USA