1. gear shift cable replaced (1 reports)
2003 Lincoln Aviator transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Lincoln Aviator:

2003 Lincoln Aviator Owner Comments

Jul 292015

Electrical problems. When the Gear Shift gets stuck into one position, I have to call in a towing service to have my truck towed. This is the 2nd time it has happened. I have to call my husband off his job to take me home to get another vehicle, in order to have transportation for my work. I noticed back in July 2015, when I parked my Lincoln in a incline position to park it would allow park, but, when I get back car, to try to back out, it will not allow me to put the shift gear into Reverse, it gets stuck into the park position. It puts me in a very bad position, I have to pick up my grandchildren (5) from school. With this malfunction with the gear shift, it's very exhausting/Costly/ & a real pain. Help.

- , Millington, Tn, USA