$2,650.00

2. replaced # 8 valve (1 reports)
  3. replaced valves (1 reports)
2004 Lincoln Aviator engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Lincoln Aviator:

2004 Lincoln Aviator Owner Comments

Jun 012007

Aviator LUX V8

HAD TO REPLACE ALL VALES AT 74,000. MILES JUST 4,000. OUT OF THE 70,000. WARRANTY. DEALER DIDNOT WANT TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. COST ME $4,800.

I WILL NEVER BUY A LINCOLN OR A FORD EVERY AGAIN AND I TELL EVERYONE TO STAY AWAY FROM BOTH FORD AND LINCOLN I KNOW I HAVE STEERED PEOPLE AWAY FROM BUYING AND ITS THE ONLY SATISFACTION I WILL EVERY GET. BECAUSE IM A CAR GUY OR GEAR HEAD I GET A LOT A FRENDS AND FAMILY ASKING ME WHAT TO BUY, I ALWAYS START WITH DONT BUY A LINCOLN OR A FORD AND YOUR HALF WAY THERE TO MAKING A BETTER DECISION !!!!

- , Orange, CT, USA

Aug 012009

Aviator

I bought the 2004 Lincoln Aviator because I always trusted that Lincolns were a top of the line vehicle. My problems started when the the vehicle started hesitating when it reached 40 plus MPH. That problem wound up taking forever to figure out because it wouldn't register on the cars diagnostic computer.I was told by numerous mechanics they had to wait until it registered on the computer. I had to drive it this way for 6 months. Six months later it finally registered and they found the problem # 8 valve and injector were not working. $500.00 Later and six months of no one being able to tell me what the problem was very frustrating and dangerous.

- , Springfield, PA, USA

Feb 012010

Aviator AWD 4.6L?

After only 55k miles it failed smog, which was a shocker because I thought the transmission was the only thing breaking down on my truck. Turns out burned valved in cylinder7......very expensive to fix. Had to get a 2 month SMOG extension...unsure what the issue was but this sucks. Not to mention that AWD transmission has gone to sh*t, it had extremely rough shifting.

- , Modesto, CA, USA