2004 Lincoln Aviator engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Lincoln Aviator:

2004 Lincoln Aviator Owner Comments

Jan 112016

Aviator V8 V8

I have had this problem looked at repeatedly by multiple shops, diagnostics never show any problem codes. It is exactly like described in the other three complaints. Doesn't matter the speed, etc, power cuts out and stalls. I am afraid to drive it. I've had everything I can think of replaced that could be causing this and it is still occurring. I've spent a couple thousand at this point.

- , Lakeland, FL, USA

Oct 152014

Aviator V8

Car keeps stalling out while I am driving. Had it in for service and they replaced 2 sensors. Check engine light did go out but the car still stalls while driving. It starts right back up. If I catch it while it is starting to stall and keep pumping the gas I can keep it running. Taking it in again this weekend.

- , Turtle Creek, PA, USA

Jun 012012

The engine just died.... this could have been very serious on a highway

- , Neptune, NJ, USA

Nov 012010

Here we go again another problem no one knows why? 3 months ago my 2004 Aviator started shutting off at any time while idling, in reverse, going 10 MPH, to 60MPH you never know when its going to shut off talk about being afraid to pass someone. Same deal as my 1st complaint it will not register on the diagnostic computer and the car has been in the shop for 3 weeks now they cannot figure out why this is happening. The Ford dealer basically said they have no idea and gave the car back to my mechanic. you mean to tell me with all todays modern technology they can't figure out what the problem is on a $48,000 vehicle i'm at wits end this time and would not recommend a Ford product to anyone.

- , Springfield, PA, USA