2.0

2004 Lincoln Aviator miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Lincoln Aviator:

2004 Lincoln Aviator Owner Comments

Jul 082014

Aviator 8-cyl

Shifter would not go into park from reverse sometimes would not unlock from park position. Serious problem when your shifter shows in drive and you end up still going in reverse. Read other complaints from owners sounds like a defect which could cause serious injury or death.

- Little Rock, AR, USA

May 062011

Aviator

I own a 2004 Lincoln aviation. On 6 May 2011, while driving down the road, I heard a loud sound in the back of my vehicle (as if something hit it). I pulled over and found a large crack on the vehicle panel (middle, to the right of the Ford logo), underneath my back window. I have no idea how or why it cracked. On Monday, 9 May 2011, I watched a local news story on wavy tv 10 (Virginia) about this happening on other Ford vehicles from 2002-2005. The story showed five other Ford vehicles found in our area with the same issue. The story said Ford was contacted, but said there is no an issue/recall about this.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Jun 092009

Aviator

The back lift component has a crack on each side of the Lincoln emblem. The body shop near where I work told me that this is very common with the Aviators, and that he has replaced many of them. It is a manufacturing error and should be replaced by Ford/Lincoln. I have purposely looked at other Aviators and found that they have the same cracks in the same place by the emblem. I was told by the Ford dealership here that the company would not fix it. My vehicle is no longer in warranty. It now has about 51,000 miles. Cracks have been there over a year and still no one will help me!.

- New Braunfels, TX, USA