1998 Lincoln Continental electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Lincoln Continental:

1998 Lincoln Continental Owner Comments

Feb 162009

I keep getting this message. From: date: 3/18/2009 4:02:15 pm to: Subject: Unknown footprints incoming mail error footprints encountered an error processing an incoming mail message. The error code is below. If the error is unclear or if you need help, please contact support. Footprints error: 201 [microsoft][odbc sql server driver][tcp/ip sockets]sql server does not exist or access denied. (sql-08001) [microsoft][odbc sql server driver][tcp/ip sockets]connectionopen (connect()). (sql-01000)(dbd: Db_login/sqlconnect err=-1) connection string: Dbi:odbc:footprints\ this is what I have been trying to send from: Subject:automatic headlight moduale comments: I got a notice of an error on sending you my message. Hope you do not get two. My 98 Lincoln Continental has no turnsignal lights, no emergency lights etc. It can not be driven safely. We have called the dealership and was told we need an automatic headlight module. However it has been discontinued by Ford Motor Company and there is none available in the United States. I called Ford Motor Company(case id#1556870779) and was told to contact you. Was there no recall on this part" I am certain that I am not the only one that has a problem with this car. I was told to get a part from a junk yard although that too would be expensive since they too know this part is no longer available.. being female I do not think that is possible. I also think that a company like Ford should be responsilbe for providing parts for their cars. Many cars are on the road a lot longer than ten years. I could go on but for now --what am I to do?? from NHTSA web site. 98 Lincoln has no turnsignal no emergency lights is unsafe to drive the dealership said it needed an automatic headlight module but no part exists in the us. What now??"

- Menomonee Falls, WI, USA

Sep 012001

I have electrical problems that act up only when they wanted to and the dealership is declining that they exist. I have had my car in for service for 3 weeks in the last month and they keep coming up with nothing. They also called me in and wanted to keep my car and have the service manager drive it for a few days -in which he only drove 37 miles, prior to that he and I drove the car to see if anything strange would happen and it did, which now they say nothing is wrong and they were unable to detect customer's concerns. I had a major dispute with them and had to call the police. Dims 11 IVOQ entry posted after 12/12/02 cut-over to artemis-----770757.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Dec 071999

Consumer stated at 17,000 miles, the engine overheated and failed to continue operating, dealership examined the vehicle and made the necessary repairs to remedy problem, then on 26-Sep-2001, engine was leaking oil from the right valve cover gasket which had to be replaced, also the water pump was leaking, the door ajar light on dashboard illuminated and would not go out leaving doors in the open position.

- Moon Township, PA, USA