2001 Lincoln Continental seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Lincoln Continental:

2001 Lincoln Continental Owner Comments

Nov 152005

Continental 6-cyl

We are owners of a 2001 Lincoln Continental. My two young boys ages 2 and 4 were in their car seats on both sides of the rear seat, leaving the middle seat belt unused. My four year old had called me for help while I was driving over a bridge. I saw he was noosed around his neck by the middle belt and pinned against the rear of the seat. The car has an automated locking position for safety. This turns out to be a danger. The belt would not release leaving me to have to run for help on the highway. I found a man who could help cut the belt and release my son. He was left with a full collar belt burn on his neck. Be aware of this automated locking position. It almost cost my son his life.

- Carmel, NY, USA