2002 Lincoln Continental seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Lincoln Continental:

2002 Lincoln Continental Owner Comments

Jan 152003

My vehicle is a Lincoln ls. Leased new in April 2002 with 6ml. On it. Has been in for numerous repairs, the car has been gutted and put back together. Dealership claims that the airbag module was replaced. It took approx. 7 months to get Ford to buy back the car. They were undoubtedly aware they could count on my caving after making premium payments and insurance for almost a year on a car that was not fit to drive. As soon as I hired an attorney they dug their heels in farther. I settled just to get the lemon out of my driveway, and to free up my funds to get another car. Ford Motor Company handled my situation very unprofessionally and with no regard to my safety. At this point I would only hope that they will have to register this vehicle for resale with a record of the defects and not simply a buy back with no explanation.

- Havre De Grace, MD, USA