2001 Lincoln LS cooling system problems

cooling system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Lincoln LS:

2001 Lincoln LS Owner Comments

Sep 072010

LS 8-cyl

The car started making knocking noise while riding on hwy 85 and I pulled over off on an exit and the car stop would not crank. It only happen this one time. It had to be towed. I had to buy a new engine. My Lincoln Ls only has 108,000 miles on it. My check engine warning light was illuminated and I took the car for inspection. The spark plugs were replaced and the failure seemed to be remedied however, the vehicle begin to backfire and drive abnormally rough, ,in addition, the engine would exhibit abnormal noises and an overpowering oil odor. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where the contact was in formed that the head gasket and coil would need to be replacing. The failure mileage was 105,000 and the currant mileage was108,000. The power windows have failed two times and the paint is peeling. I bought this Lincoln Ls because I new it was a good car buying it from the Ford & Mercury dealer. I M sad to say they have let me down and I should not have to be paying double for it. I am a person who believe in taking care of what I live to pay for. I always keep up with oil changing and keeping a clean car. I have over paid more than what this 2001 Ls Lincoln is worth. I am seriously thinking about not buying another Ford vehicle again.the cost of an new engine and other repairs out of pocket repairs cost me over $7000 in cash added on to my car being paid off. I paid $ $23000 and maid my payments on time. Thank you for your sincere concern.

- Salisbury, NC, USA