2002 Lincoln LS suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Lincoln LS:

2002 Lincoln LS Owner Comments

Jul 022008

LS V8 3.9L V8

This vehicle really isn't that bad, I just have a hard time explaining things to make anything sound worth having. I'm driving down the road, run over an ant and it sounds like I just took the suspension system and ran it up against a metal wall because all I hear is metal clunking together. I occasionally stop and make sure everything is still there since at this economical moment I cannot afford a mechanic to fix it. I see no apparent problem with the suspension beyond the fact that it sounds completely annihilated.

I know other people have this problem because I've read about it before, but I don't know what it is...some say it's a sway bar bushing. Does this vehicle have a sway bar in the rear as well??? If I'm still alive to find the cure I'll surely post it on here. As a matter of fact I don't even know why I own a Lincoln, I barely make enough money to feed a chihuahua.

- , Jacksonville, AR, USA