2004 Lincoln LS exhaust system problems

exhaust system problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Lincoln LS:

2004 Lincoln LS Owner Comments

Apr 252010

LS 8-cyl

I have a 2004 Lincoln Ls that started to run rough so I replaced the air filter. This did not help so next I replaced the spark plugs. This did not help. The things that I have done up to this point started because my car started missing and running rough however I have found out that it was just the beginning of a bigger problem in that the car was and is pumping gas into the engine and air intake to the point that it is coming out of the exhaust system in an amount that causes a steady stream and it pools under the car. The intake fills with fuel to the point that the air filter gets soaked in gas and I have to take it off and dump it out. This has been going on for 3 weeks now and I am afraid to drive it. The car has fuel injectors"?" the company and the dealer have told me to bring it to them and they will fix it however I will have to pay for it. Everything on the car is controlled my computers even the gas flow and pedal that controls how fast I go. To me that is wrong.

- Columbus, OH, USA