2015 Lincoln MKC electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Lincoln MKC:

2015 Lincoln MKC Owner Comments

Jun 152015

The contact owns a 2015 Lincoln Mkc. Two weeks after the vehicle was purchased, the vehicle failed to start. The vehicle was towed to a local dealer where it was diagnosed that the battery was faulty. The battery was replaced. The failure recurred and the vehicle was towed back to the dealer. The vehicle was not diagnosed. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 3,000.

- Alamo, TN, USA

Apr 132015

Batter lost its charge (4 times)

- Trenton, MI, USA

Jan 052015

I live in the midwest and it was cold outside and I was driving home with my brand new state of the art Lincoln. When I was heading home my car indicated low battery, which I assumed would charge as I continued to drive. Next thing I know, everything was turning off (all internal displays, headlights, wipers, steering) due to conserving battery while I was on a major interstate in a blizzard. I thought I was going to die, on the interstate in a blizzard at 60 mph. I finally got over to the side of the road and it went into park. The dealer called and stated it was a bad alternator. Great, my issue is the battery voltage is so low that the combination with temp and alternator everything shut off in such a quick mode it gave me no time to safely exit off the road. The car is not designed to support this situation and I have the cold climate package, this is why we are paying a high price for engineers to do their job and understand how the systems act together. How is the government and manufacture allowing this situation to happen. My life and being a mother to three kids is more important than a small cost reduction.

- Bettendorf, IA, USA

Dec 062014

While driving at 5mph, the ignition button was accidentally pushed in. When this happened, the engine immediately turned off, the vehicle rolled for a second and then the car came to a halt as if I slammed on the brakes. The ignition button is located next to the computer screen and the passenger had accidentally pushed it in when he was changing the radio station on the computer screen.

- Schaumburg, IL, USA