2015 Lincoln MKC miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Lincoln MKC:

2015 Lincoln MKC Owner Comments

Jan 052015

I live in the midwest and it was cold outside and I was driving home with my brand new state of the art Lincoln. When I was heading home my car indicated low battery, which I assumed would charge as I continued to drive. Next thing I know, everything was turning off (all internal displays, headlights, wipers, steering) due to conserving battery while I was on a major interstate in a blizzard. I thought I was going to die, on the interstate in a blizzard at 60 mph. I finally got over to the side of the road and it went into park. The dealer called and stated it was a bad alternator. Great, my issue is the battery voltage is so low that the combination with temp and alternator everything shut off in such a quick mode it gave me no time to safely exit off the road. The car is not designed to support this situation and I have the cold climate package, this is why we are paying a high price for engineers to do their job and understand how the systems act together. How is the government and manufacture allowing this situation to happen. My life and being a mother to three kids is more important than a small cost reduction.

- Bettendorf, IA, USA