2007 Lincoln MKX body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Lincoln MKX:

2007 Lincoln MKX Owner Comments

Jun 062016

MKX

Lift gate malfunction. While unloading my groceries the lift gate slammed down on my head. There was no warning beep. Sustained a cut to my face. This is a safety risk. I took a video of the lift gate malfunction after the incident.

- Brecksville, OH, USA

Aug 022013

MKX 6-cyl

Our vehicle was involved in a rear end crash while stopped at a pedestrian cross walk. The visual damage to our Lincoln Mkx was the exhaust system and rear bumper. The non-visual damage was the brake power booster. The power surge from the rear end impact while the brakes were engaged caused the brake power booster to fail. Both my mechanic and the local Ford dealer confirm that the failure of the brake system was caused by the damage related to the rear end impact in the accident. The local Ford dealer has seen multiple vehicles brake power boosters fail due to rear end collisions yet the insurance company denied my claim for repair to this system. The failure of this system is a very hazardous condition as it is extremely difficult to brake the vehicle with out this system working correctly.

- Poughkeepsie, NY, USA