2007 Lincoln MKX brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Lincoln MKX:

2007 Lincoln MKX Owner Comments

Mar 142016

MKX

My Mkx has stalled over the years and the dealer says that's normal. Well, for the first time, I stalled on a hill in a parking lot and my steering locked and brakes didn't work. As soon as I realized I stalled and slammed my brakes, tried to steer away from the car behind me, it was too late for the emergency brake. I slammed into a business associate's SUV that was parked and we both have about 3K worth of damage.

- South Hadley, MA, USA

May 272014

MKX

The contact owns a 2007 Lincoln Mkx. The contact stated that when applying the brakes, the brake pedal would become abnormally stiff. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the technician stated that the brake booster needed to be replaced. No repairs were made to the vehicle and the manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 117,000 and the current mileage was 118,000.

- Derby, CT, USA

May 032014

MKX

Brake booster - I noticed that whenever I came to a stop or slowed down - my car would continue to roll slightly even though I pressed down very hard on the brakes. The pressure of the brake pedal became very stiff and would not allow me to press down on it too much and it felt as if it was going to lock. I eventually had to put my car in neutral whenever I came to a stop just to be cautious and prevent it from possibly rolling into a vehicle or pedestrian crossing the street in front of me. Also, when at a complete stop, the brakes would tighten, my car would make an air pressure noise and began to almost stall or vibrate a little as if it would shut completely down. I did not take the toll road for safety reasons due to the hills so I immediately went to the Lincoln dealership and I'm now out of pocket $786 later because my brake booster went bad. Very frustrating since four months ago I had radiator problems and had to replace the cooling regulator to my radiator and replace the hose which was over $1,200.

- Irvine, CA, USA

Aug 022013

MKX 6-cyl

Our vehicle was involved in a rear end crash while stopped at a pedestrian cross walk. The visual damage to our Lincoln Mkx was the exhaust system and rear bumper. The non-visual damage was the brake power booster. The power surge from the rear end impact while the brakes were engaged caused the brake power booster to fail. Both my mechanic and the local Ford dealer confirm that the failure of the brake system was caused by the damage related to the rear end impact in the accident. The local Ford dealer has seen multiple vehicles brake power boosters fail due to rear end collisions yet the insurance company denied my claim for repair to this system. The failure of this system is a very hazardous condition as it is extremely difficult to brake the vehicle with out this system working correctly.

- Poughkeepsie, NY, USA

Sep 042013

MKX 6-cyl

While I was taking my children to school, was attempting to slow down and come to a complete stop, I could press the and make go down. I had to pretty much as they say stand up on the brakes. While at stop and still applying alot of force to the pedal the car is slowly rolling. The Lincoln service manager said it was the brake booster causing the problem. Big safety problem!

- Rex, GA, USA

Jun 082011

MKX 6-cyl

Wheels on car are so corroded air will not hold in them lost of air pressure results in tire wear lost control of vehicle unsure braking redoing balance on tires and host of other problems such as wear on shocks and struts vibrating of car causing structure parts to come loose and are fall out of line(hood headlights, front bumper, front fenders front doors ect.)the corrosive wheel are so bad from inside to out that they are a safety issue.this subject should fall up under the perforation warranty(rustcorrosion ).

- Jackson, MS, USA