2007 Lincoln MKX engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Lincoln MKX:

2007 Lincoln MKX Owner Comments

Dec 172016

MKX

Water pump failure: Lincoln Mkx 2007 driving down the road at approximately 55 mph, car was running great as usual when suddenly I lost all power except lights. At that speed, thankfully I had enough time to get over two lanes of traffic with no power and coast off the road. I had to car towed to a local mechanic where master certified technicians are working to replace my engine. The car had just been serviced for oil change, air filter, routine maintenance two weeks prior to this engine failure. Mechanic found that the water pump failed leading to oil and coolant in the engine. This car 122,000 miles on it and has been meticulously maintained. There is a class action suit over this, but I was never notified by Ford or by my dealer (oxmoor Ford Lincoln) that there was a potential problem with the design of this engine. The water pump is inside the engine. When this fails with no warning it causes the engine to fail. This has lead to a cost to me of $6000 to replace the engine. I spoke to heather at Lincoln quality today (case #11395985) and she said, "unfortunately we have nothing to offer you except our sincere apologies." This is not acceptable customer service. I was not asking to recoup my entire loss since the vehicle has miles on it, but they could offer something to a (former) lifelong Ford customer.

- Simpsonville, KY, USA

Dec 292015

MKX

The contact owns a 2007 Lincoln Mkx. While driving 35 mph, the engine caught fire. The police were not notified. A passenger extinguished the fire. The contact and the other passengers were not injured. The vehicle was taken to a local mechanic where it was diagnosed that there was a fuel leak. The local mechanic repaired the vehicle. The failure mileage was 103,000.

- Roselle, IL, USA

Jun 032016

MKX

The contact owns a 2007 Lincoln Mkx. While driving 45 mph, the vehicle stalled. The contact was unable to restart the vehicle. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic where it was diagnosed that the spark plugs, coils, and PCM needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The vehicle was taken to another independent mechanic who replaced the coils and spark plugs, but the PCM was not replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 81,600.

- Washington, DC, USA

May 042016

MKX

The contact owns a 2007 Lincoln Mkx. While driving 50 mph, the vehicle stalled. The contact was able to restart the vehicle. In addition, the contact noticed smoke coming from the engine compartment. Upon inspection, the contact noticed that the water pump fractured and spilled water into the engine. The contact stated that "car overheating" was displayed across the message board. The check engine warning light also illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the water pump and the engine needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 90,000.

- Fort Myers, FL, USA

Jan 012016

MKX

Since the purchase of the vechile I have nothing but problems my engine kept leaking out coolant causing the vechile to overheat found out it was the water pump whic is located in the engine whic racks up thousands of dollars in labor since the purchase of the vechile I have had nothing but problems with this automobile the dealer dosnt want to help me suggested I replace the water pump or engine whic is gonna cost me thousands of dollars I have readaround and im not the only one with this problem can someone help me please

- Fort Myers, FL, USA

Dec 172015

MKX

Vehicle misfire and stall while driving caused by damaged power control module (pcu) and faulty/damaged ignition coil. Service bullitn issued: Tsb 14-0059 mil on with dtcs - P0351, P0352, P0353, P0354, P0355, and/or P0356 - built on or before 3/1/2008 publication date: March 20, 2014

- Lancaster, PA, USA

Dec 012014

MKX

The contact owns a 2007 Lincoln Mkx. While parked, the contact noticed fluid on the ground. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection. The technician diagnosed that the power take unit failed and caused the fluid to leak. The vehicle was repaired. The power take off unit was replaced. The VIN was not available. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 74,000.

- Rockford , IL, USA

Nov 012013

MKX 6-cyl

I was driving out of the parking lot suddenly anxious about the gas pedal because however hard I pressed it, the car wouldn't move ahead. I managed to get onto the main road with the emergency wrench coming up along with the driver airbag and zero mileage for the car indicating. However, this was lucky because it didn't happen on highway, I was extremely stressed out standing in the lane to turn to highway. I changed my mind, turned around, and returned to the parking lot at a crawl. I understand now that this is a common issue with the Lincoln Mkx 2007 due to the fact that the Ford opened a claim website related to just this problem. No wonder recently I have been bombarded with the letters to renew my factory warranty as soon as possible. Just as I paid off my car last January, it started breaking on me. Is it the reason why you make your cars to last only during the period of the 5-year factory warranty?!now, to change sensor on the pedal cost 400+ and I am afraid to drive Lincoln Mkx because of this safety issue.

- Bowling Green, KY, USA

Apr 022013

MKX

The contact owns a 2007 Lincoln Mkx. The contact stated that while turning at unknown speeds, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was towed to the dealer where a diagnostic was performed, which located the failure at the computer module. The dealer replaced the computer module and the battery but the failure was not corrected. The vehicle stalled while the contact drove at 55 mph. The vehicle was towed back to the dealer. The vehicle was repaired. The failure mileage was 83,296 and the current mileage 83,775.

- Palm Harbor, FL, USA