2009 Lincoln MKX wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Lincoln MKX:

2009 Lincoln MKX Owner Comments

Jan 012013

I live in a northern area where salt is used to deice roadways. I have noticed the chromed aluminum rims are losing the chrome in big strips. I cannot keep air in the tires for more than 3 or 4 days at a time because the chrome around the tire inflaters will not seal correctly., also the risk of being cut on the degrading chrome when washing rims is very the chroming process at fault and if so will Ford replace these defective rims/

- South Barre, VT, USA

Jun 062011

MKX 6-cyl

Brakes activate when turning and I pushing the gas pedal one year after I purchased this car, I noticed the brakes would active when I am making a right was either raining or beginning to snow. The car would brake as I was making a turn while I giving it gas to turn. Happened at least 3 times while I was turning on a main road. This could have been a life threatening event. Imagine a car coming at you and your gas pedal is not responding while at the same time your car is braking. A very scary scenario. I took it to the dealer. They said brakes need calibration and that I needed new brakes. I said sure.I asked is that normal for a car to do that when brakes wear out. They said no and tested the & found no issues. I paid for the brake replacements. 3 months go by and the same thing. Took back to dealer and they couldn't duplicate but the brakes were fine. I stressed the problem of moisture( rain & snow) when this occurs. This occurs when I first start driving the car under those conditions. Happens once and then I am fine for the of the drive. This keeps happening to me. I have contacted the Lincoln headquarters & all I hear is take it to the dealer. But no solution. I even found people with similar problems on google and printed them & showed to the dealer. I did not get any help. All I got was that we cant duplicate it.. on June 15, 16 and 17 2014 this problem has occurred 6 different times. I will contracting the dealer soon. This is a very scary situation.

- Farminghton Hills , MI, USA