3.1

2010 Lincoln MKX fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Lincoln MKX:

2010 Lincoln MKX Owner Comments

Feb 062014

MKX 8-cyl

Upon morning start up, there is a high pitch whistling sound which lasts apx the first 15 minutes of driving time.it can be heard inside & outside the car & with the radio on or off.I have complained since about Feb 2014 about this sound while the car was still under its bumper to bumper warranty.I requested each time that the dealership have a female listen for the noise and they did not do that.it is a known fact than men lose their hearing in the high frequencies the dealership performing my initial maintenance did not note this issue on the repair order, although I reported it to them several times.the second dealership had a female employee listen for it; she was able to hear and point out the sound to the service advisor who then did hear the sound.they are not certain, but believe that the sound is coming from the fuel pump inside the fuel tank. Since this is not looked upon as a failure, only a nuisance, I am told it is not covered by my extended warranty and frankly, I feel it should have been resolved under my bumper to bumper warranty! I found this exact complaint in two you tube video re: 2008 Ford edge https://www.youtube.com/watch"V=roco7_tgjhg and https://www.youtube.com/watch"V=hqcunsy1enc.according the to person who posted these 2 videos, his dealership could not identify/fix the problem, so he sold his 2008 Ford edge. In my opinion, this is not a "normal" or acceptable sound to listen to each morning at start up. I feel this sound is actually damaging my hearing since I am exposed to it for so long each day. Continual sounds like this are not healthy for the ears! since it is against the law, I cannot drive with earplugs to minimize the damage to my hearing. This is the 3rd issue I am reporting regarding this vehicle. The other two regard the emergency brake and the driver's seat intermittently rocking while driving.

- Stone Mountain, GA, USA