2011 Lincoln MKX body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Lincoln MKX:

2011 Lincoln MKX Owner Comments

Jun 012016

The door ajar light stays on for the drivers side door even when all doors are closed. This problem is a safety issue because it doesn't allow me to lock my doors while driving. Nor can I access my keyless entry or door lock. This seems to be a common problem and gross negligence. This is a potential law suit and victim of a crime.

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Jul 012015

This vehicle has been producing a strong exhaust/burning/sulfur smell in the cabin while using the climate control system/recirculator. There is a technical service bulletin out for this exact problem that states under certain conditions exhaust fumes can be pulled back into the cabin when using the climate controls. I took the vehicle to the dealership and paid $105 for them to tell me exactly what I already know. I would like to know what they did to pinpoint this specific problem. They told me tsb is not paid for by Ford. They quoted me $500-600 to fix the problem following the tsb. My wife and kids are in this vehicle 95% of the time and have complained to me about the nauseating smell. Not to mention exhaust fumes contain carbon monoxide! the dealership said the rear bumper needs to be pulled off and numerous areas of the body sealed where fumes are getting in. Why this isn't a full recall from Ford is beyond me. Exhaust fumes entering the cabin making people feel sick and Ford knows about this issue should be a full recall in my opinion. Or at least cover this repair for the people that have this problem. Not sure what my next step will be, but I can't spend $500-$600 right now. I hope NHTSA researches this problem if they haven't already.

- North Providence, RI, USA

Oct 012014

Door ajar (driver's side) indicator illuminates when door is closed. Multiple occurrences of this issue are documented on internet. When this occurs the following systems are affected: * door locks - cannot be locked from driver or passenger automatic door lock button. When attempted all door locks automatically unlock again. Auto locking safety feature is effectively disabled. Work around is to manually lock all doors. * interior lighting - dome lights (interior lighting) will not turn off until vehicle is moving at 10 mph or faster when door ajar issue occurs. Visibility while maneuvering at low speeds at night is impaired and increases potential for accidents in areas such as parking lots. No known workaround. Additionally, when remotely locking car, marker lights and interior lights remain on, unknown if excessive battery drain may occur. * security system - keyless (touch) locking of automobile does not work when this issue occurs. Using remote lock activates the alarm system. This causes random false alarm activations. Security system cannot be used effectively. Work around is to keep car unlocked. Due to the number known systems affected by open or closed state of the car doors, it is possible that other systems including safety systems could be affected by intermittent door ajar sensor failure while the vehicle is in use.

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA