2011 Lincoln MKX engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Lincoln MKX:

2011 Lincoln MKX Owner Comments

Jul 182016

Unintended accelerator first happened approximately 18 months ago. I took my vehicle to a Ford dealer to have a brake recall done and told them that I went to stop at a red light and something made the accelerator stick forcing me to jump a curb and run at a high speed through an empty lot in front of our library and then back over another curb and out onto another road. I put both feet on the brake and kept pushing; it finally stopped. The service department told me they did a diagnostic test on the car and they could not find nothing wrong with it. On July 18, 2016 I was pulling into a parking spot and as I took my foot off the accelerator to brake again my vehicle accelerated by itself forcing the car to jump the curb and plow into a 4-foot hedge. The car stopped on top of the hedges. I am attaching a picture. Had the car not been stopped by the hedge there was an eight lane road in front of my car and I dare not think about what would have happened had the car gone straight into traffic. I do not know what component or system created this unsafe risk.

- Melbourne, FL, USA

Jun 022013

Tried to tap the brakes to take the cruise control off and it wouldn't disengage. Tapped harder and then stomped on the brake to release it and stop from hitting the car in front of me. After that, it was very hard to make the brakes work. Took it a Ford dealer while it was still under warranty and they claimed they couldn't duplicate it. Finally took it to a Lincoln dealer after the 50K mile warranty expired and they made me pay for a new brake booster. Now the car won't start everytime because it says the brake isn't depressed, but of course, it was!

- Kyle, TX, USA

Nov 152011

The contact owns a 2011 Lincoln Mkx. The contact stated that while stopped, the vehicle momentarily surged forward before stopping on its own. Approximately ten days later, the driver was attempting to park and the vehicle surged forward until it crashed into a bus shelter. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer and they were unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was also made aware of the failure and offered no assistance. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Chicago, IL, USA