7.6

2016 Lincoln MKX engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Lincoln MKX:

2016 Lincoln MKX Owner Comments

Mar 152016

MKX

Vehicle purchased February 2016. On March 15, 2016 (1,065 miles), driving vehicle approaching an intersection on a busy street to make a left turn onto a major highway on-ramp, vehicle lost power while in motion and appeared to enter "accessory mode". was able to bring vehicle to stop (in the middle of the intersection), put it in park and restart the vehicle. Brought it immediately to Lincoln service department. Service department had vehicle for two days and could not diagnose or replicate the problem. Gave the vehicle back to me without attempting any repairs. On May 14, 2016 (2,838 miles), driving at low speed on back roads, vehicle lost power again while in motion and entered accessory mode. Brought it immediately to Lincoln service department. The service department could not replicate the issue, but found a tsb that they thought would apply to the issue. The technicians reprogrammed the software in the power control module and gave the vehicle back to me. On June 25, 2016 (3.663 miles), driving at low speed on a main road, vehicle lost power again while in motion and entered accessory mode. Brought it immediately to Lincoln service department. The service department kept the vehicle for two weeks to attempt to replicate the problem. After speaking with Lincoln corporate engineers, the technicians replaced the throttle body, assuming that that was where the issue was originating. Lincoln refused to replace the vehicle and insisted that the throttle body was at the bottom of the issue. As of October 28, 2016, the vehicle has not lost power again.

- North Haledon, NJ, USA

Oct 082016

MKX

I was driving to my son's house when the car lost power there was a chime warning and on the dash a menu starting the hill assist was not available the engine continue to run but there was no response when I pressed on the accelerator the car would only due about 3 miles at idle speed. Was able restart it and make back home, on the next day10/09/16 I had the same problem this time I could not get it to accelerate I had the car towed to the dealership it was Sunday the dealer was closed. I called the dealer on Monday and told him what happen and he said they were working on it. They called later and said it was throttle control and a couple of error codes that required up dating P2111, U0415 and U0416. They also replaced the throttle body. They also noted they drove it 9 miles and noted that all ok at this time. That last comment sounds that this could happen again. This is a very dangerous problem had I been on the interstate at rush hour I might not be writing this to complain. When this happens the car slows on so fast that the car behind doesn't know you have a problem because you are not braking which means your brake lights are not on and he more than likely is going to hit you. The first time this happens is quiet scary because you have no idea what is happening.

- Topeka, KS, USA

Jul 252016

MKX

I was on I 10 headed West when all of a sudden I lost the ability to accelerate. I had a very short amount of time to cross 4 lanes of traffic to get to the right shoulder (which was very small). So there I sat. I could not get out of the car on either side. The cement barrier blocked the passenger side and traffic was speeding by on the driver side. It took almost 45 minutes for a tow truck to arrive. Scary!!!

- Katy, TX, USA