2016 Lincoln MKX fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Lincoln MKX:

2016 Lincoln MKX Owner Comments

Aug 302016

I was driving in the center lane on the brooklyn queens expressway traveling home from astoria, queens to my home in brooklyn. Having passed the atlantic avenue exit at approximately 3:15 pm and pressing on the gas pedal, the car lost acceleration and no matter how much I pressed the gas pedal the car could only go about 10 miles an hour. The bqe at this point has no shoulder to pull over in. By some saving grace, I was able to glide off at the hamilton avenue exit. The Lincoln tow arrived at approximately 5:30pm. The dealership's service closed at 5:30 so I was towed home. The next morning, Wednesday, August 31 I called Lincoln for a tow to the dealership (dana Ford, staten island) that leased the car to me. The Lincoln service manager, anthony fallacaro, assisted me. He explained it was the throttle body and motor which were defective and many consumers have had problems. My mileage at this point was 2307 miles, quite low for eight months of ownership. However, Ford/Lincoln has not issued a recall. Yet, they had to make necessary adjustments to the new part because installing the same part would continue to cause problems. I called Lincoln on Wednesday, August 31 2016 and spoke to melissa and formally logged a complaint (cas - 10455614-D7Z7N8). I expressed that this should not have happened to a new car, I lost confidence in driving this car and am stuck with it for the remainder of the lease.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Jul 162016

Traveling down interstate @ 70 mph, when vehicle went to "coast mode". service warning light appeared on dash, followed quickly by engine service light. Absolutely no response to the gas pedal. Parked on side of road, when placed in drive the car would move in idle mode only. 5700 miles on 4 month old Mkx. Throttle body assembly was required to be replaced

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Jul 102016

2016 Lincoln Mkx has stalled numerous times. We left home and had driven about a mile in our subdivision when I slowed for and stopped at stop sign. The engine shuddered and shook, engine revolutions slowed down. Sped up, slowed down and engine quit. The message, "full accessory power activeż displayed on the dash and my wife got a pad and pencil and copied it down for me. This was the second time that has happened and evidently was the same message displayed when the engine quit while we were on vacation in new orleans. Checked the internet and found several instances to this happening due to a computer glitch. Ford has known about this problem for some time. Do we have to get killed before Ford corrects their faulty computers? to make matters worse, I had scheduled and appointment with my dealer, drove 31 miles, only to find out the service department had no knowledge of my appointment. Spoke with the service manager on 21 July and he told me he would send me an email by the end of the week. Well the end of the week is here and I've not heard anything yet. It is my understanding that the Mkx is a glorified Ford edge and that the stalling problems were on-going for several years.

- Navarre, FL, USA

Jul 132016

My wife lost all power while driving down highway on July 13 2016. She was able to pull over in traffic to avoid major accident from this loss of power. Was able to start car after a few minutes. Check engine light was on. She called and I instructed her to go Ford immediately. Met her there and they made this a priority. Throttle body replaced and back to us the next day. Mileage was only 5264 when this happened. We love this car. There should be a recall asap.

- Crane Hill, AL, USA

Jun 272016

Total loss of power when approaching traffic light, numerous attempts to restart, finally started, check engine light came on as well as hill assist light (on a complete level surface at time) very close call on getting hit at intersection, unsafe situation. Once able to restart car had very limited power, was able to get car to dealership approx 1 mile away, service advisor immediately knew it was a "throttle body issue" and the part is on back order, appears there have been numerous occurrences w/this exact same problem, this is a very very serious safety concern I was fortunate to be in a area where traffic was not as heavy (still almost hit) but if this happened on highway or busier intersection the outcome might not have been as favorable.

- Livonia, MI, USA

May 192016

May 19 2016 I experienced the inability to accelerate. Turned off the car and retried. I went about a half mile when it happened again. The service said it was the throttle body. After 27 days I got my car back.. while Lincoln was helpful, I do believe this should be a recall. If that had happened when I was pulling in to busy fast traffic, it could be deadly. I was on side street, also on highway pulling into traffic turning left.

- Mocksville, NC, USA