2007 Lincoln MKZ seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Lincoln MKZ:

2007 Lincoln MKZ Owner Comments

Dec 132013

My wife and I were involved in a collision after a woman, who claims to have fallen asleep, sideswiped the car immediately ahead of us on a 2-lane road. In an attempt to avoid a head-on collision, I swerved off the road to the right. She accelerated, turned left and got in front of us and we collided with he right front fender at the wheel-well. The car was totaled. The airbags deployed and the front end was crushed. I was driving and my left arm was broken. The little airbag in the steering column hit me in the chest, bruised me, and caused severe pain. My wife was in the front passenger seat. Her seatbelt was securely fastened, but it did not hold her in place as it was designed to do. On impact, she met the airbag halfway and most of her ribs were fractured. Four (4) of her vertebrae were fractured, as was her right ankle. Her lungs were bruised and one was punctured. Her left knee hit the dashboard and drove her femur through her pelvis. She was taken to umd shock-trauma center where she was intubated, sedated and put in traction for several days before a 7 hour surgery to rebuild her hip and femur. She was in a full-torso cast and used a wheelchair for >6 weeks. She is still rebounding from the effects of the ineffective seatbelt, which did not work as designed.

- Bowie, MD, USA

Feb 022008

MKZ 6-cyl

1. driving on two line road. To avoid head on collision had to deter off road and hit huge tree at 30 mph 2. seatbelt did not restraint nor did airbags deploy. Consequences are ptss, chest and neck trauma, extreme anxiety 3. car is still under repair. Ford motor refuses to check reasons for equipment fault and negligence.

- Merrimac, MA, USA