2008 Lincoln MKZ brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Lincoln MKZ:

2008 Lincoln MKZ Owner Comments

Aug 092016

MKZ

Brake pedal has gone to the floor twice with no brakes on the highway

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jan 112016

MKZ

Tonight when I was driving home, I came to a red light. When I hit the brakes, the brakes made a weird sound, hit almost to the floor and would not stop the car. I pressed off the brake and pressed it again and it went to the floor again, but not as much and eventually stopped the car. I pulled over and kept testing the brakes again and it was still going to the floor but the eventually stopped. Luckily I was about 5 minutes from home so I did not have to drive much farther. When I got home, I went online to look up the issue and I found other people inquiring about the same issue. Some people spent a lot of money and the issue was still not properly resolved. I think this common issue needs to be reviewed, and a recall issued since brakes play a significant role in the safety of a car. If I was not on an empty road or if I had a car right in front of me, I could have had a car accident today because I could not stop the car right away. I ended up practically in the middle of the intersection.

- Mullica Hill, NJ, USA

May 152014

MKZ

I was driving on sr 441 when a vehicle in front of me struck the median. I hit the brake pedal and the brakes did not respond. The vehicle was taken to al packer Ford (towed). The dealer replaced the master cylinder. On or about April 15, my son as operating the same vehicle when he needed to stop quickly. My son hit the brakes and they did not respond. No collision occurred at this time.

- Lake Worth, FL, USA

Aug 112014

MKZ

Driving down a city street my vehicle hit a pot hole in the road. This was not a very deep hole, just a normal incident you would see when driving. After hitting the pot hole the brake pedal would go almost completely to the floor. It was very dangerous to stop. The problem would gradually correct itself usually after several days of driving.

- Conway, AR, USA