5.6

2008 Lincoln MKZ brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Lincoln MKZ:

2008 Lincoln MKZ Owner Comments

Nov 182010

MKZ 6-cyl

The brake and gas pedals on my Lincoln Mkz are located so close to each other and at the same height that I have twice experienced acceleration instead of braking when putting on the brakes because I did not move my foot enough to clear the gas pedal. I have inquired to my dealer about making an adjustment to the brakes pedal height or spacing but was advised that this could not be done. This design is an "accident waiting to happen" and I am lucky that in both instances I was able to react in time to avoid one. If this has not already been brought to the attention of the manufacturer, NHTSA should do so before someone is seriously hurt.

- Mentor, OH, USA