1.5

2008 Lincoln MKZ engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Lincoln MKZ:

2008 Lincoln MKZ Owner Comments

Mar 032016

MKZ

The contact owns a 2008 Lincoln Mkz. The contact purchased an ignition coil and the vehicle would not start. The check engine light illuminated and the vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that a replacement coil was needed. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred intermittently. The approximate failure mileage was 190,000.

- Saline, LA, USA

Jun 152015

MKZ

The contact owns a 2008 Lincoln Mkz. Upon starting the vehicle, an abnormal noise emitted from the engine. The contact stated that this was a recurring failure. The vehicle was inspected by an independent mechanic at the contact's residence. The technician diagnosed that the strut mount on the bottom of the engine needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 100,002. The VIN was not available.

- Temple Hills , MD, USA

Oct 062012

MKZ 6-cyl

I was proceeding down a ramp to enter highway traffic. I put my foot to the floor to merge into traffic and the vehicle continued to accelerate even after I took my foot off the gas. I put my foot on the brake and the vehicle continued to accelerate. I was unable to slow down to any great extent as the engine was racing. The accelerator pedal seem to be off the floor ( not stuck to the floor ) at the time. I would estimate that my speed was 85 mph when I put the shifter into neutral and stopped the car in the breakdown lane. At this time the engine was revving so high, I thought for sure the engine would blow. Before I had the presence of mind to shut the engine off, the engine stopped revving and went back to an idle. The brakes were smoking but there did not seem to be any other damage. I checked the floor mat and it was not near the accelerator pedal. We were on vacation at the time and about 600 miles from home so I continued the to drive but not putting the gas pedal to the floor. I took the vehicle to the Lincoln dealer three days later and they found no codes and nothing that would allow the accelerator to stay stuck. The invoice indicates that they performed koeo, koer, and oasis and all systems passed...updated 06/09/14 updated 06/13/2014

- Lee, NH, USA