2011 Lincoln MKZ accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Lincoln MKZ:

2011 Lincoln MKZ Owner Comments

Aug 022014

MKZ 6-cyl

I was the driver; the accident occured day'sunny around noon;I was in a library parking lot pulling into a parking space -slowly suddenly, the car leapt forward the and "something" seemed to be under the accelerator- it leapt forward I could lt not make the car stop; what stopped the car wasae concrete light post which exploded. If I had not hit the post the car would have gone in to a lake and I might have drowned. I was alone the car - and I had about $10,000 damage to my car. I believe the floor mat shifted and was under the accelerator and I am very distressed. Also -the airbags did not deploy. This needs to be addresssed- I contacted Ford but they said I as not affected by the massive previous recall of floor mats., this floormat issue needs to be addressed or someone will die.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA