2011 Lincoln MKZ body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Lincoln MKZ:

2011 Lincoln MKZ Owner Comments

Sep 302016

MKZ

The front drivers door will no longer open from the inside. This started on September 30, 2016 while I was on a road trip. I thought maybe it was a fuse or electrical problem. I started rolling the window down to open the door from the outside. We went to the Ford dealership and was told the part was back ordered by more than 700 parts. If we hold two parts of the handle at the same time we can get the door open. I have carpal tunnel and that is sometimes difficult. When I asked about a recall I was told not yet but the problem has been corrected in later models. If it is ever recalled we will get our repair money back. It has been several weeks and we are still waiting for the part. If I am in an accident or need to get out of the car in a hurry this is definitely a safety hazard. What if I lose power and cannot get the window down. I can not valet park. I was told and well as saw it on the internet that this is a widespread problem with the Mkzs and Ford Fusion. This is a safety hazard.

- Burnsville, MN, USA

Sep 142016

MKZ

Just over 5 yr warranty and only 39K miles of 50K warranty, when parked, driver's door locking system stopped working preventing driver from opening door to exit without rolling down window with extreme difficulty and/or inability in pulling outside door handle. To exit in nml case or in case of collision. Lincoln svc rep states it is a normal occurrence and will cost $480 plus to repair because it is just outside of the 5 year.warranty.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Feb 072015

MKZ

Not inspected no paperwork available for vehicle

- Washington, DC, USA

Feb 072015

MKZ

Date: May 16th 2015 road runner auto sales, Inc address of business : 24560 eureka rd, taylor, mi 48180 phone : 734-947-4667 salesman known by taz(motaz) I am providing you with a written complaint and explanation of business/vehicle sale and purchase.a lemon auto. The vehicle was advertised online from road runner auto sales and a listing price for $11,595 it was sold to me for 12,999 plus taxes totaling $14,000 I put a down payment of $4000 and I am financing the rest for the remaining balance owed. Then on advertisement states what the vehicle came with and specs along with VIN number : for example premium sound radio/audio system so was a false advertisement. Because the radio and speakers do not work.which was stated at the time of purchase would be fixed or he would take the fees off the vehicle sale/purchase.which was never done. Road runner auto sales has another location where I was sent to get radio fixed and a air intake housing unit to be installed. The air intake housing unit was completely missing from engine as I have a diagram for you attached with other receipts of repairs and estimates of this lemon auto. Taz sent me to the wayne, Michigan road runner auto sales where this work was performed.

- Dearborn Heights, MI, USA