3.1

2011 Lincoln MKZ engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Lincoln MKZ:

2011 Lincoln MKZ Owner Comments

Jun 092016

MKZ

I had heard a wheezing noise in the front end so I took the car to my mechanic. He was unable to find a problem. A week after while driving the car I was driving and as I turned the car completely shut down. Two days later it began to not drive properly I took the car back to the mechanic and said I had a bad sensor but the water pump was going bad. He stated it shouldn't go bad in this newer of a car. My car has been undrivable ever since. I've called around to get it fixed as though it seems nobody has the proper tools to fix this issue due to the fact the whole engine needs to be removed to fix the problem.

- Dumfries, VA, USA

Apr 282014

MKZ

The contact owns a 2011 Lincoln Mkz. The contact stated that propane fumes were emitted into the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician stated that the catalytic converter might have failed but was unaware how to remedy the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure and current mileage was 20,000.

- Bronx, NY, USA