2012 Lincoln MKZ seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Lincoln MKZ:

2012 Lincoln MKZ Owner Comments

Nov 262016

MKZ

Traveling N on 95 just beyond richmond va on 11/26/16 traffic came to a stop and I was attentive and recognized the need to brake quickly. The car initially slowed but did not respond further to applying brakes. I rear ended a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Major damage to my car - minimal to the Jeep. Airbags did not deploy. I am still confused by what happened - I had time to stop the vehicle but it did not respond. I am 60 years old and a long time city commuter along with having travelled this route regularly since 1979. I cannot help but conclude there was some type of brake malfunction with my 2012 Lincoln Mkz.

- Crofton, MD, USA

Nov 242014

MKZ

I fully stopped in a parking place where I use to go every Monday to pick up kids from a dancing school. After I fully stopped and try to put the clutch on P the car accelerated by itself. I went trough a building and as I tried to control the car I was trying to put in P and I was not able. I kept my foot on the brake and tried to stabilize the car..eventually the car ended in a ditch and I was able to exit immediately. The air begs opened only after I exit the car. I was in complete shock and I was taken to a local hospital by the rescue squad. I asked my insurance to keep the completely damaged car to be inspected by Lincoln inspectors since the car had 2 problems 1. accelerated when fully stopped 2 air begs did not open during the crash with the building my insurance chubb wrote to Lincoln company but until today no one responded or inspected the damaged car. I was lucky the kids were still in class, I could have heard many of them if I would have been a few minutes later. I request an investigation of the car sincerely

- East Brunswick, NJ, USA