2014 Lincoln MKZ brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Lincoln MKZ:

2014 Lincoln MKZ Owner Comments

Dec 052014

MKZ 6-cyl

I was traveling in bumper to bumper traffic with family and friends traveling at about 10 mph when I went to apply the brakes and the car would not react I then applied both feet standing on the pedal announcing I wasn't stopping and nudged into the back of the car in front of me. It left only minor damage to my vehicle and none to the one I hit. I shut the car off and turned it back on and the brakes seems to work again. I took the car to the dealership the next morning and they reviewed the issue for a few days and could find nothing wrong and said everything tested fine. I frankly do not trust the safety of the vehicle and will now only drive it myself. I am a retired police officer and former employee of NHTSA region 8 with 20 years of crash reconstruction experience and I have never personally had a brake failure so it is concerning. I wanted to submit the report for tracking purposes in case others encounter the problem or their is a future problem with this vehicle. Thank you.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA