2012 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid:

2012 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Owner Comments

May 152015

MKZ Hybrid

This happened to me once before in April of 2015, don't remember the date. However also on Friday May 15th, 2015, I was backing my Lincoln mkz 2012 hybrid out of the church parking lot and the steering wheel wouldn't turn. I dashboard warning light said power steering not functioning or something similar. It happened once before in April, and at that time, I was also parked, started up the car and it wouldn't steer. I stopped the car, started it up again and that time it corrected itself. I read a report on the internet about 508 cases being reported and under investigation so I thought I would also submit a complaint. Lucky for me on Friday May 15th, 2015 I was across the street from a local independent car repair service station. They called hudson Ford in hudson, Wisconsin and the service department there said it was under warranty and to bring it up to their service department. I called at the end of the day and they said that they couldn't replicate the problem and therefore couldn't fix it. The independent service station where it first ended up, did a computer diagnostic on it and said it was the steering board, or chip. I am afraid to drive the car in the event the power steering goes out when I am driving. It could cause a horrible crash!! I sent the article I found on this issue to the hudson Ford dealership's service manager's email, and then talked to her about the article. She said she'd read it. At this point they still have my car. I pray they fix it.

- Hudson, WI, USA

Jun 282013

MKZ Hybrid 4-cyl

While driving on two lane road approx. 50 mph, engine stopped, advance track light came on, lost steering and breaking, coasted to stop. Restarted and drove home. Carried to dealer, who replaced. Steering gear. Computer should show you warning but not shut vehicle down loosing breaking and steering. If there had been traffic or had been on busy road traveling int. Speed could have been life taking for my family and others on same road.

- Killen, AL, USA

Sep 142013

MKZ Hybrid 4-cyl

While driving near my home the power steering failed with no warning and the service advancetrac message came on. I have the car exactly 2 years and have only a little over 11,000 miles on it! thank goodness I wasn't on a highway and I was only blocks from my home.

- Cary, NC, USA

Sep 142013

MKZ Hybrid 4-cyl

Power steering quit with no warning and service advancetrac message came on. Ford says the rack and pinion steering needed to be replaced. Now I'm afraid to drive the car, no confidence in the quality and safety.

- Cary, NC, USA