2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid:

2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid Owner Comments

Aug 012013

MKZ Hybrid

I leased my car in August of 2013. One of the first things I did was run a vehicle health report, which I did every other month since I got the car. In the report what would always appear was driver assists and restraints report..."system unavailable." Then in the late fall of 2014 I received a letter about a recall of the airbag system. During a visit to the heiser dealership I asked about the recall and was told the fix was not available. I took in the vehicle health report into the dealership showing where it read driver assists and restraints, "system unavailable" so they could check it out. They did and said that they could find nothing wrong. In early part of 2015 I once again asked them to check out the problem of the "system being unavailable". they kept the car for half a day and said that it was a "phantom problem, indicating it was nothing". when I ran the vehicle health report following that last visit and I found the driver assists and restraints report to read "ok", but what was added was the several recall notices including the restraint control module. I really believe that the system was deliberately deactivated all those months so that it could not show a problem which they were well aware of, I also suspect that even though the system now reads "ok" they may have disabled the warning light if that is possible. Since the day I bought the car, the dash board has changed at will, various lights and warnings such as check adaptive headlamps, which the dealership said nothing is wrong with, have come and gone. I have taken the car in numerous times to check these issues and they say, nothing is wrong. If there is a potential short circuit which is very dangerous a manufacturer should not be given over a year to fix it.

- Bayside, WI, USA