2002 Lincoln Navigator lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Lincoln Navigator:

2002 Lincoln Navigator Owner Comments

Dec 032011

On 12/03/11 when my husband started our 2002 Lincoln Navigator a loud bang happened, my seat belt tightened across my chest so tight it hurt and I couldn't breathe, the car started smoking so bad that my oldest daughter jumped out of the truck because it scared her so bad. The seat belt was so tight it wouldn't come off at first which scared me because the smoke was by the side of my head! now the seat belt won't work and I don't want to use my car without it. In the past year, 2011, my truck keeps blowing fuses on the automatic lights and air bag for the passenger side. I keep replacing the fuse but they only last about a week and then they blow out. Once the fuse is replaced the automatic lights work, the airbag light goes off. But, no sooner do I change it, it blows again. So, I haven't replaced it. In February I have to go for emissions and I won't pass with this light on. In the last 6 months, my bright lights have turned on by themselves. I thought it only happened when we use the turn signals, but my husband told me it does it all the time. I didn't believe him until three days ago when I hit a bump and they went on. Then, yesterday I was sitting in our running, parked car and the brights just turned on while the car was on and not moving. That really scared me. What kind of electrical problems does this vehicle have" I have done the one recall on my truck for engine fire. Are there more recalls I should know about"

- Hazel Crest , IL, USA