2003 Lincoln Navigator suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Lincoln Navigator:

2003 Lincoln Navigator Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Sep 202013

Navigator

The contact owns a 2003 Lincoln Navigator. The contact stated that while driving approximately 45 mph, a loud roaring noise was heard from the front passenger's side of the vehicle. The contact inspected under the hood and detected that the noise was coming from the air lift compressor. The noise could also be heard when the vehicle was stationary. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 65,319.

- Pleasanton, CA, USA

Mar 102008

Navigator

My air suspension went out the first time in March of 2008, it just quit working. I then paid $500 to get it replaced. Then again in 2011 it went out 2 different time, in which this time I had the compressor rebuilt. And again it went out of may of 2012. This time I have not had it replaced, I only drive the SUV when I have to. There are so many problems with the air suspensions on the 2003 Lincoln Navigator that Ford should make the part good.

- Candor, NC, USA

Oct 062012

Navigator

The right side front airbag ride suspension bag exploded while driving.

- Conway , SC, USA

Mar 092009

Navigator

The contact owns a 2003 Lincoln Navigator. The contact stated the air suspension system disengaged and the vehicle began to shake violently whenever he drove over a bump in the road. The failure occurred while driving at various speeds. The contact noticed that the suspension system was disengaged while the vehicle was parked. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer at least ten times to be repaired. The failure continued to occur. The contact also stated that the failure occurred more frequently during cold weather. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure, but offered no assistance. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000.

- Gretna, LA, USA

Oct 102011

Navigator

This is a common problem that needs to be fixed it's all over the internet. The suspension system on these are always messed up please fix this.

- Barbourville, KY, USA

Feb 032008

Navigator 8-cyl

While driving in a parking lot a car pulled out in front of my 2003 Navigator as I hit the brakes I felt my SUV drop from the front. The tire skidded and I hit the car that was pulling out. After the accident my truck was never the same.it was taken to the dealership but they said the warranty would not cover it.I have a 40000 dollar truck just parked in the driveway for the past 6 months I know mechanics that can convert it to to springs suspension for about 400 dollars but that's not the point I paid top dollar for a piece of you know what.I drive a 2000 Nissan with 170000 miles on it and haven't spend a dime on it besides tires

- Mission, TX, USA

Jun 152009

Navigator

The contact owns a 2003 Lincoln Navigator. The contact stated while driving 35 mph the vehicle shut off without warning. The contact had taken the vehicle to the dealer regarding the electrical system and they stated the entire fuse box needed to be replaced. The contact stated the suspension was also defective and the air bags were deflating. The dealer stated the air bag for the suspension needs to be replaced. The failure mileage was 76,000.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Dec 192003

Navigator 8-cyl

Suspension system rises and falls while driving or parked. The first incident the front right side would not raise up and made driving hazardous. This last incident the rear went up and will not come down. The vehicle can hardly be held in the road when this happens. Several complaints of this problem have been listed on the internet.

- Lebanon, VA, USA

Nov 282009

Navigator

Suspension relay fails then compressor fails now it still will not fill and hold as it should right front dips dangerously low no real fix or relief in sight.

- Cedar Rapids , IA, USA

Sep 272010

Navigator 8-cyl

Suspension problems in my 2003 Lincoln Navigator.

- Hot Springs, AR, USA

Mar 112010

Navigator

Air suspension motor had to be replaced at around 100,0000 miles. Also air bags leak and are slow to air up in cold weather. Mechanic said need to replaced.

- Lakewood Village, TX, USA

Jan 012008

Navigator

I own a 2003 Lincoln Navigator, over the past two years my truck has primarily sat in the garage, the suspension went out two years ago, we were told the compressor needed to be replaced, we did this to the tune of $599, after the compressor was replaced my truck ran okay, it never seemed quite the same, after almost 5 months the compressor went out again, this time we were told it needed a new compressor and air bags and would cost aprox. $1,300 and could cost more if other suspension issues were discovered, we cannot afford to have repairs done due to several reasons financially, this is my only vehicle and it cannot be driven, the body of the truck sits so low, we've been told it looks like we may have axel damage from the improper distribution of body weight on the vehicle due to the suspension being out. Our local Lincoln dealer (aprox. 20 miles away) said we need to bring the vehicle to them to have it looked at", our truck is not drivable, I attempted to drive it to the dealership and got about 2.5 blocks from our home and had to turn around and go back home, the violent bouncing and rocking gives a whipping movement that caused my head to continuously hit the head rest very hard, this causing great back and neck pain, not to mention cause for alarm on what this unsafe driving is doing to the vehicle...I am so disappointed, I am making $500 a month payments on a vehicle I cannot and have not been able to drive over the past two years. What's even more troubling I cannot find any recalls on the suspension and I have been reading hundreds of complaints due to this problem online, what is Ford doing about this" can someone please tell me if they are working on making this right.

- Stockton, CA, USA

Feb 092010

Navigator

A year and ahalf ago, the Navigator began to make strange growling noises when it was parked under the garage. Some days when I would try to get into the car, it was high off the ground, other days it would be extremely low. The entire suspension went out on our 2003 Navigator. It cost me over $700 to have it repaired. This is my only transportation, so I had to borrow a car for a week to get to work. Now, it is out again! because of the last experience, I had been doing a system check periodically. The check always said, "suspension ok". well, two weeks ago, I began to notice the car seemed to lean to the right or lean forward when parked. Finally, last week my husband said, the car was riding like a bouncing buggy - the suspension is gone again! this is the second time and I cannot afford to have it repaired. It is the only transportation we have for getting to work. And I'm still paying on a car that I cannot ride.

- Sumter, SC, USA

Dec 152009

Navigator

Front air suspension on the passenger side does not work in cold weather, and only works half of the time in warm weather. Truck is very well taken care thru the dealership and has only 76,000 miles and been to the dealer several times for the suspension and right running board. See all over the internet numerous complaints about the same thing, this is clearly a common problem with the model (2003 Lincoln Navigator). The truck has not been driven in 2 months because of the expense at the dealer to repair.

- La Puente, CA, USA

Oct 102009

Navigator

The suspension in my 2003 Lincoln Navigator has gone completely out. The estimate to get it fixed is over $1000, but cannot repair because I have been laid off for over a year. Being as how this defect is so widely affects this make and model vehicle, it should be investigated as a possible recall. A typical car driver should not have to be expected to pay for an obvious engineering defect. We're talking about the entire suspension system failing with one component going out.

- Locust Grove, GA, USA

Feb 052008

Navigator

2003 Lincoln Navigator air suspension sensor failure at highway speed. Caused vehicle to lose all suspension and drop as low as it would go, providing no suspension. Truck bounced dangerously over the road while attempting to decrease speed and remain within lane.

- Keswick, 00, USA

Oct 032009

Navigator

I have a 2003 Lincoln Navigator.I bought it in staten island NY dana motors 2 years ago I have had it in there shop for suspension censors and bags over 10 times my warranty expired 30 days ago and guess what my rear suspension went out.I contacted Ford over 10 times and I want to say that this has to be the worst truck and company I have ever had to deal with Ford found on road dead go GM.

- Staten Island , NY, USA

Jan 012009

Navigator

Can you check out 03 Lincoln Navigator air suspension because my keeps failing compressor and height sensor causing rough rides checked online seems like alot of people have same problem like me too.

- Fitchburg, MA, USA

Feb 282008

Navigator

Several electrical problems with the vehicle since purchase. Took back to dealer who explained there was not a problem. Recently, air suspension system failed. I changed fuses with no relief. Had searched for mechanic other than dealer to look at vehicle but no mechanic will look at or service because they say that there is always a problem with the air suspension on Navigator and I would not find any mechanic who would touch it. Today my vehicle is sitting in front of the house because of the air suspension problem. I don't trust the dealer as they are always trying to get me to purchase a new car from them and when I don't they overcharge me for repairs.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Apr 282004

Navigator 4WD 8-cyl

While making a right turn off on an exit, the vehicle went out of control, the front driver's tire rolled off, then the tie rod snapped and the consumer was trapped. The consumer hit a guard rail. No other vehicles or people were involved. The consumer stated that tire or tie rod was so hot that as it rolled into the grass it caught on fire. Tire was retrieved. Problems with rear differential prior to the accident. The vehicle was regularly serviced. The consumer was slightly injured in the accident. Police report filed.

- Fredricksburg, VA, USA