2003 Lincoln Navigator suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Lincoln Navigator:

2003 Lincoln Navigator Owner Comments

Feb 282008

Navigator

Several electrical problems with the vehicle since purchase. Took back to dealer who explained there was not a problem. Recently, air suspension system failed. I changed fuses with no relief. Had searched for mechanic other than dealer to look at vehicle but no mechanic will look at or service because they say that there is always a problem with the air suspension on Navigator and I would not find any mechanic who would touch it. Today my vehicle is sitting in front of the house because of the air suspension problem. I don't trust the dealer as they are always trying to get me to purchase a new car from them and when I don't they overcharge me for repairs.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Apr 282004

Navigator 4WD 8-cyl

While making a right turn off on an exit, the vehicle went out of control, the front driver's tire rolled off, then the tie rod snapped and the consumer was trapped. The consumer hit a guard rail. No other vehicles or people were involved. The consumer stated that tire or tie rod was so hot that as it rolled into the grass it caught on fire. Tire was retrieved. Problems with rear differential prior to the accident. The vehicle was regularly serviced. The consumer was slightly injured in the accident. Police report filed.

- Fredricksburg, VA, USA

Jul 292003

Navigator 4WD 8-cyl

July 22, 2003 I purchased a new 2003 Lincoln Navigator, VIN# 5lmfu28R93lj39987. Fter two days, I noticed excessive wind noise coming from sun roof. On the third day, the suspension malfunctioned warning indicator began buzzing. Since that time, the body of the Navigator began hitting all four tires while driving and bottoming out even when driving over small bumps. I almost had an accident, due to the sudden rocking of the body of the Navigator. I brought the truck back 3 times for the same problem September 2nd. Mr. Downing stated, I will not try to fix the truck again until, Ford engineer brain grozier looks at the problem.the engineer will only be available on September 11th and my truck will just have to sit on his lot until then. No other solution was given to me. No loaner car, no alternatives. I did speak to the Ford representative, after a month of complaining to customer relations and asking for mediation about the lemon law and suspension of my truck payments until the problem is resolved. I have been referred from one person to the next starting with the Ford finance department, to Ford customer relations, to the selling dealer general manager, mike lister of Damico Lincoln Mercury, to michael norton service manager of sentry South Lincoln Mercury, and ending with kipp downing service manager of owen motors. The truck is a lemon as the law states, it has had three repair attempts, twenty-five days at repair shop, new vehicle, (thirty days old). Technical service bulletins for 2003 Lincoln Navigator air suspension- repeat compressor drier failures has been issued since may/03 to Lincoln service departments. These remaining defects substantially impair the use, market value or safety of my vehicle. I am hereby allowing you one final repair opportunity. I am entitled to a replacement vehicle acceptable to me or a refund calculated in accordance with the lemon law.

- Hyde Park, MA, USA

Sep 032003

Navigator

Consumer states is having trouble with front and back suspension. When coming out of driveway vehicle bottoms' out. Also, while driving can feel every bump. Vehicle is suppose to be designed to absorb bumps. He has taken vehicle to the dealer/mechanic 4 times, and each time they have done minor repairs. Finally consumer was told that they knew the problem, but could not fix it. Dealer had called the engineers from the Lincoln manufacturer to take a look at vehicle and see if they could repair it.

- Hyde Park, MA, USA

Jul 192003

Navigator 4WD 8-cyl

2003 Lincoln Navigator ultra high speed wheel shimmy. Original wheels replaced by dealer due to out of round defect. Wheels rebalancedw.heel shimmy reduced but not eliminated.

- St.Louis, MO, USA