2006 Lincoln Navigator fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Lincoln Navigator:

2006 Lincoln Navigator Owner Comments

Mar 072011

2006 Lincoln Navigator, 60,000 miles on car. Car shut down after giving an engine failed safety mode error on dash while on four lane busy highway traveling 40-45 mph. Coasted to side of road (no berm available)... waited 5 minutes. Restarted car and limped into gary yeoman Ford dealer. I was told the throttle control body & motor asy #3L3Z*9E926 was bad and was not covered under the extended warranty I purchased on the car in 2009. Repair bill was $900 out of pocket. Checked online and this is a known issue for Ford Expedition & Lincoln Navigator engines and yet Ford does nothing to fix. Does someone have to die to get Ford to repair these defective parts? nothing more dangerous than a car that shuts down in heavy traffic traveling at high speeds.

- Florida, FL, USA

Jan 032011

I am having continuous problems with my 2006 Lincoln Navigator. For a vehicle of this quality, I never dream of so many problem. I had my suspension system fix last year at the dealer. 1 year has pass now it is gone out again. I had my catalyst converter fix at the dealer about 2 years ago. 1 year later they are gone out again. Now I am riding around with a bouncing Navigator and a sluggist running Navigator with plenty of fumes. I just don't have the funds for continuous repairs for the same service. Do the mechanics know what they are doing? I am really frustrated with this vehicle and the service I have received. Bouncing around in a 40,000 + vehicle is embarrassing. Please help. I have to bum a ride at time. I have to travel, a lot and rent a car. This is getting old and expensive. The dealer want fix it because they say it is out of warranty, eventhough I have paid to have it fixed before. This is not costumer service. Help!

- Shreveport, LA, USA