2007 Lincoln Navigator wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Lincoln Navigator:

2007 Lincoln Navigator Owner Comments

May 192010

Navigator

Brought my Lincoln Navigator into bob maxey Lincoln to have my tires replaced. I bought the vehicle brand new from a now out of business Lincoln dealer "stu evans Lincoln" in 2007. The vehicle was supposed to have 20" tires on oem, but came in with 18" tires, so stu evans swapped them with tires from another vehicle. This brings me to my current situation. I have never replaced the tires or had any work done on them, but upon bob maxey replacing the tires they noted that I had one tire pressure sensor "glued on" and one tire where the sensor and banding was completely missing. I have been driving around in a heavy SUV for 3 years without the safety of having an fully functioning tire pressure sensoring system due to Ford's dealer. Now Lincoln wants me to pay to have this system put on. I am the original owner of the vehicle and have never had any repairs done to the wheels. This is a massive safety concern as I do not want to be driving this vehicle without knowing that I have low tire pressure and rolling the vehicle over. Ford should step up to the plate and fix what was wrong with this vehicle when I bought it.

- Grosse Pointe, MI, USA