3.0

2008 Lincoln Navigator electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Lincoln Navigator:

2008 Lincoln Navigator Owner Comments

Aug 282016

Navigator

The SUV got a check engine light and wrench symbol(power train) and began to jerk after stops at red lights or stop signs while heading to the expressway. It lost power completely, while in motion and nearly caused an accident on the belt pkwy. I had the gas pedal fully pressed down and couldn't accelerate suddenly. I had to drive with on foot on the brake and the other on the gas to keep control of the SUV and was afraid if be rear ended or worst at high speed. I got off at the nearest exit on the way home and shut it off. I let it rest a few minutes and cut back on and it drove like normal with low RPM's and a constant shuttering or pinging feeling and sound. I brought the SUV to jamaica NY Lincoln/Ford service center who took the SUV for close to 1 month and gave it back stating "it needs a throttle body". nothing else is wrong with it. It's not a transmission issue, or electronical issue its the engine. They also said alot of Ford vehicles have had the same issues and it was a faulty throttle body. I've changed this SUV's engine, tranny, converters, spark plugs, coils, etc etc etc. The service records from purchase date, year to date are so long it's stunning! every 90 days it has had to be serviced for some reason or another. I found my self out of it for 1 month every quarter of a year. That's ridiculous!!! Lincoln/Ford hasn't done much to help me and I've purchased several vehicles from the same dealership. Smh. I've went to private mechanics who believe it's the tranny again, and some lean years the throttle body unit. Nobody can even give me an exact answer as to what it is and a solution to my SUV nightmare! I've already wasted $500. Anyway you can assist me or help me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for listening.

- Fresh Meadows, NY, USA

Oct 162012

Navigator

Motors in side step boards stop working. Button to control trunk don't work. Back rear gate keeps closing has hit the kids and myself many times trying to get things out of back. Casing around door handle broke off. This is an expensive vehicle and this should not be happening! I see other Navigator with the running boards out! these items should be recalled.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Jun 072012

Navigator 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Lincoln Navigator. The contact stated while driving 60 mph, the panel lighting failed. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing where it was stated the fuse box in the dashboard needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was unknown.

- Rogers, AR, USA

Mar 102012

Navigator

Side step boards don't work. Windows stop working due to the design of vehicle and water getting in. Power heating and cooling seats don't work. Back rear gate keeps closing has hit the kids and myself many times trying to get items out of back. Casing around door handle broke off. This is an expensive vehicle these complaint are made by numerous people owning this vehicle and should be recalled.

- Salisbury, MA, USA